Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 07, 2013, 11:34:58 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 07, 2013, 11:29:36 PM
eh, no..

no effect on mobility, long healthy hair demonstrating resistance to louse infection for a prolonged period of time, women don't fight and  tigers are ambush predators which don't chase, they jump on you and bite the back of your skull off.

I could see how short hair might be an advantage in a catfight though. But matriarchal societies don't last, if they've actually existed.

catfights happen when women fight over men, not when women fight each other... when women fight each other they  bring out bigger guns, gossip.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on August 08, 2013, 06:35:55 AM
We were discussing camel toes at one point, now we're onto hair. We discuss a whole range of serious topics here.

Viking is providing us with his amazing knowledge of women. This may take a while.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2013, 07:32:55 AM
We were discussing camel toes at one point, now we're onto hair. We discuss a whole range of serious topics here.

Viking is providing us with his amazing knowledge of women. This may take a while.

Science!

Actually, I just suggested an idea and specifically commented that it was nothing more than that.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on August 08, 2013, 07:35:46 AM

Science!

Actually, I just suggested an idea and specifically commented that it was nothing more than that.

You might be able to claim that if you weren't pulling the "Viking moves to quash all reasonable dissension" bit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on August 07, 2013, 11:27:52 PM
It wasn't even significant to them.  Cave men had culture, and even in pre-sophonts it's the job of the female to lifeguard the gene pool.  Only in rare two-way monogamous populations do males have to be selective in their choice of partner.

Wrong

http://evoandproud.blogspot.kr/2013/06/just-for-show_1.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2013, 07:54:51 AM

Science!

You might be able to claim that if you weren't pulling the "Viking moves to quash all reasonable dissension" bit.

ORLY?

Ide tried to argue that my suggestion was false, I didn't think his reasoning warranted that assertion and explained why.

Neil argued that culture matters and I agreed with him, but did argue that just because culture has an effect biology has one as well and the two stretch and bend the ideal of beauty over time.

Viking

BTW, shark week is getting out of hand. First the fake documentary, now Sharknado in New York

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/07/us/new-york-subway-shark/

garbon

Quote from: Viking on August 08, 2013, 08:12:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2013, 07:54:51 AM

Science!

ORLY?

Ide tried to argue that my suggestion was false, I didn't think his reasoning warranted that assertion and explained why.

Neil argued that culture matters and I agreed with him, but did argue that just because culture has an effect biology has one as well and the two stretch and bend the ideal of beauty over time.

Yes really.

Malthus

Next up: the evolutionary basis for distain for camel toes.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Camel toe is fine, moose knuckle is what you have to worry about.

Also, something, something, fracking.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on August 08, 2013, 08:44:03 AM

Why would that be a worry?

Viking

what I read here was

"Camel toe something something, something knuckle something something something.

Also, something, something, fracking."

HVC

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2013, 08:50:32 AM

Why would that be a worry?
to keep with the theme:

Something something meat curtains.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Viking on August 08, 2013, 09:14:33 AM

what I read here was

"Camel toe something something, something knuckle something something something.

Also, something, something, fracking."

at least you saw fracking :P

Ed Anger

A friend recommended the Sparacus Blood and Sand show. So I watched the sex clips from it on the Internet.

Done with that show.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive