Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 10:00:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 09:53:02 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 09:35:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 09:30:08 PM
Nothing pisses me off more than CANON VIOLATION

The only highlight of the night was possibley the World War Z trailer. It looked entertaining..

The only thing that pisses me off more than CANON VIOLATION is VIOLATION OF THE LAWS OF PHYICS

Or, by the look of the trailer, it's LAWLS OF PHYSICS

It has A-10's

WWZ does?  I remember Man of Stell definitely does.

I thought they retired those.  I don't follow the happenings in close air support, as CAS is an unimportant mission best left to the unimportant branch.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on May 22, 2013, 10:06:30 PM

I thought they retired those.  I don't follow the happenings in close air support, as CAS is an unimportant mission best left to the unimportant branch.

Yes it does, in the trailer.

And no, they're not retired.  Get with the CAS program.

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 09:23:10 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 08:57:27 PM
Just got back from seeing Into Darkness: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhboy oh boy 4/10. I'll write something after I cool down.

[spoiler]JJ Abrams should be bitch slapped in his fucking face for that movie. WTF, a guy named Khan Noonien Singh is a pasty white guy. You stupid shit. Not that the actor who played it is necessarily bad. But the whole Khan character was way overdone. He might as well been some rogue Vulcan you ass. No deliciously evil, sophisticated passion. Just an almost mindless automaton Very one dimensional.  Not even a 30 sec blurb on any background for him, so the stupid, idiotic texting, xbox playing new generation twats could even know anything about him. My fucking god fuckety fuck fuck, shit.  The absolute rip off switch of the Kirk/Spock reactor scene. Seething fucking mad I am. I felt like throwing my 24 oz rasberry ice tea at the screen. To include the individual junior mints just out of pure spite. AHHH fuck.    [/spoiler] not done here

Invoking the Kleves Rule.

It's an infuriating movie, isn't it?  I'm amazed it works for anybody--let alone as many people as it did.  If you'd never seen Star Trek II, and made yourself familiar with the references, I wonder if that scene even makes sense.  It's like a clip out of a Seltzer and Freiburg movie.  MAD Magazine's Star Blecch II: The Wreck of Korn had more original material than this dumb movie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 10:13:15 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 22, 2013, 10:06:30 PM

Yes it does, in the trailer.

And no, they're not retired.  Get with the CAS program.

Hey, I'm on your side.  Remember when we had the conversation about giving 'em to the Army?

The USAF is for breaking nations, not tanks.
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on May 22, 2013, 10:16:52 PM
Just got back from seeing Into Darkness: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhboy oh boy 4/10. I'll write something after I cool down.

[spoiler]JJ Abrams should be bitch slapped in his fucking face for that movie. WTF, a guy named Khan Noonien Singh is a pasty white guy. You stupid shit. Not that the actor who played it is necessarily bad. But the whole Khan character was way overdone. He might as well been some rogue Vulcan you ass. No deliciously evil, sophisticated passion. Just an almost mindless automaton Very one dimensional.  Not even a 30 sec blurb on any background for him, so the stupid, idiotic texting, xbox playing new generation twats could even know anything about him. My fucking god fuckety fuck fuck, shit.  The absolute rip off switch of the Kirk/Spock reactor scene. Seething fucking mad I am. I felt like throwing my 24 oz rasberry ice tea at the screen. To include the individual junior mints just out of pure spite. AHHH fuck.    [/spoiler] not done here

It's an infuriating movie, isn't it?  I'm amazed it works for anybody--let alone as many people as it did.  If you'd never seen Star Trek II, and made yourself familiar with the references, I wonder if that scene even makes sense.  It's like a clip out of a Seltzer and Freiburg movie.  MAD Magazine's Star Blecch II: The Wreck of Korn had more original material than this dumb movie.

Thing about it is, I liked his first one. Thought it was very good.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Ide,

[spoiler] Khan from Space Seed/WoK always reminded me of a cat. Laugh if you must and I dont know why I think that. The JJ Abrams Khan is nowhere in the same league.[/spoiler]
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Fuck you, Ideo, you spoiling fuck. :ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

In hindsight I give Iron Man 3 an A-, and Into Darkness a B. The latter was a good, fun action movie, though the ending didn't really come together for me. And there was a justified collective groan/cringe at a certain scene that was shared by all the audience.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

For the good. Banter between Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Scottie. Even though it could have been more. Special Effects was good just too much. The Pike character.

4/10 or F

Syt

I'm always amazed how much Karl Urban owns the McCoy character. I wished there was more of him in the movies.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2013, 12:47:20 AM
I'm always amazed how much Karl Urban owns the McCoy character. I wished there was more of him in the movies.

Great portrayal and great homage to Deforest Kelly. Pine does a good job maybe needs to tone it down a little. Quinto is a great Spock, just needs to have hit it and quit it with Uhura. That whole thing is just tiresomely stupid. Pegg is  a great Scottie.

[spoiler]Now Cumberbatch. Buddy, Ricardo Montalbán was the quintessential Star Trek Moriarty. The most classy of Kirk's foes. You had no passion in playing the part.[/spoiler]

MadBurgerMaker

lolz Ace Ventura Pet Detective was on TV tonight.   :D

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 10:26:13 PM

Thing about it is, I liked his first one. Thought it was very good.

Hey, with some serious reservations, I did too.
Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 10:48:14 PM
Ide,

[spoiler] Khan from Space Seed/WoK always reminded me of a cat. Laugh if you must and I dont know why I think that. The JJ Abrams Khan is nowhere in the same league.[/spoiler]

Dig it.  [spoiler]Also, it really bothers me that they cast a white man.  I understand that back in the day, getting an Indian to play Khan Noonian Singh was an unlikely proposition, and no one gave a shit.  We got Montalban, who was, for the time period, close enough--and was, of course, fantastic.  You could believe Ricardo Montalban could slap a woman and she'd get wet (hey, I didn't write "Space Seed").  But in the 21st century, was it impossible to cast a Desi actor?  That's a rhetorical question if I've ever asked one.[/spoiler]

Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2013, 11:44:29 PM

Quote from: IdeologueInvoking the Kleves Rule.

That was your cue to stop reading.

OK.  Should've put some space between it.  I could argue it's not even a true spoiler, but still, sorry.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2013, 12:47:20 AM

I ain't got problem one with the cast, even Pine.  I liked him even in the first, even if I thought his Kirk as written was a bit too much.
Kinemalogue

Syt

Oh, no complaints about the cast here - I just think he's the standout.
—Stephen Jay Gould