News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Bringing back Ironside with Blair Underwood in the NYPD?  Interesting twist.

CountDeMoney

Garbon should be happy that Sean P. Hayes has found new work.  I wonder how many blatant stereotypes will insult him this time. Tune in and find out!

Kleves

Agents of Shield should be fun. Almost Human looks like it could be good too. Seth MacFarlane's new show looks like shit. The Michael J. Fox show looks to be hitting the Parkinson's pretty hard.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Probably gonna give a viewing to the Dracula/Alice in Wonderland/Sleepy Hollow/Marvel comics shows. And possibly the Andy Samberg cop comedy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2013, 10:01:00 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 21, 2013, 08:37:53 AM
new shows for Fall TV season.
http://www.imdb.com/list/GZRTtIlfdqM/?ref_=hm_ad_t3#1

What a lot of crap.

Yeah, I am paging through there trying to find something that doesn't look like shit...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Woha, it's going to be a long fall.

Ok, it's not that bad. You guys are just never happy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Network TV sucks. News at 11
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ideologue

Quote from: katmai on May 20, 2013, 01:52:59 PM
Sitting down to double feature of Iron Man 3 and then Star Trek. See how horribly wrong Ide is.

So, and I say this earnestly, how'd that work out for you? :D
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on May 21, 2013, 11:50:06 AM
Sitting down to double feature of Iron Man 3 and then Star Trek. See how horribly wrong Ide is.

Yes do tell. I'm going to see Star Trek tonight.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on May 20, 2013, 02:25:21 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2013, 05:52:46 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 20, 2013, 03:22:19 AM
Tron: Legacy (2010).  WOW.  This is a movie with no real intellectual ambition; emotional ambitions that it mishandles awkwardly as often as it succeeds with them; and aesthetic ambitions so majestically fulfilled that its failures to be intelligent or moving, when it really should have been, are nearly meaningless in comparison.

Nothing like kicking off the morning with a hot cup of coffee and a pretentiously overwritten movie review by Ide. :yeah:
If Ide lived in Boston, he'd do all his movie viewing at the ultra-pretentious Brattle Street Theatre. :)

They've got They Live on June 1st! :wub:

The art house theater here is not particularly concerned with John Carpenter classics. :(

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 20, 2013, 02:28:38 PM
Quote from: Maladict on May 20, 2013, 07:42:51 AM
I thought it was a really elaborate troll, but I'm slowly starting to think Ide is actually serious about these reviews. :mellow:

I, for one, appreciate Ide's thorough and comprehensive movie reviews.  :sleep:

:hug:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on May 21, 2013, 10:26:34 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2013, 10:01:00 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 21, 2013, 08:37:53 AM
new shows for Fall TV season.
http://www.imdb.com/list/GZRTtIlfdqM/?ref_=hm_ad_t3#1

What a lot of crap.

Yeah, I am paging through there trying to find something that doesn't look like shit...
Shows that are intriguing and warrants me to watch at least the first episode(s) to see where it will go:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  - Marvel.
Once upon a time in Wonderland.  Intriguing.  It looks like a kid's show, but it could be more, so I wanna know.
The Blacklist.  I like these intelligence/crime stuff.
Dracula. Non pussyfied vampires.
Hostages.  Dylan McDermott is usually good and the premise is intriguing, I want to know more.
Intelligence.  Josh Holloway, I like that actor, and it's basic sci-fi, so it pikes my interests.
Almost human.  Karl Urban, I like that actor.
Sleepy Hollow.  Looks interesting, serial killer in the 21st century, it's a novel concept, like human-vampire relationships. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on May 21, 2013, 11:50:06 AM

I liked Iron Man 3, I enjoyed Shane Black's only other film that he's directed, and clearly his influence and writing came out in movie.

I like the Mandarin touch, it's a hokey villain idea from 60's, so the take on him worked.

Star Trek was decent. I can agree with many of points made by you. And if there is a third film I hope they don't feel the need to reuse plot lines from ST IV-V, as I'm sure can come up with some decent plotlines not involving Time Travel to say whales and trying to find "god"

In Ide parlance
Iron Man 3 B
Star Trek B-
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: viper37 on May 21, 2013, 12:04:06 PM

Shows that are intriguing and warrants me to watch at least the first episode(s) to see where it will go:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  - Marvel.
The Blacklist.  I like these intelligence/crime stuff.
Dracula. Non pussyfied vampires.

Only three that pique my interest.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son