And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

He has superhuman acting abilities. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on May 20, 2013, 03:22:19 AM
Tron: Legacy (2010).  WOW.  This is a movie with no real intellectual ambition; emotional ambitions that it mishandles awkwardly as often as it succeeds with them; and aesthetic ambitions so majestically fulfilled that its failures to be intelligent or moving, when it really should have been, are nearly meaningless in comparison.

Nothing like kicking off the morning with a hot cup of coffee and a pretentiously overwritten movie review by Ide. :yeah:

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 19, 2013, 11:32:18 PM
Nah, Parks and Rec took a while to hit its stride. First season had a lot of "will they, won't they" with that creepy-looking Mark guy.

I completely forgot about him.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

I thought it was a really elaborate troll, but I'm slowly starting to think Ide is actually serious about these reviews. :mellow:

Josquius

God Bless America- ....I don't get it. Does it think it's been clever with its 'moan moan, modern society sucks' thing? Kind of amusing but I think I'm missing something.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Sitting down to double feature of Iron Man 3 and then Star Trek. See how horribly wrong Ide is.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Quote from: 11B4V on May 19, 2013, 06:13:46 PM
Molly Ringwold

Hated her then and now.
I used to think she was ugly as hell but I saw some recent pics of her that... intrigued me. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2013, 05:52:46 AM
Tron: Legacy (2010).  WOW.  This is a movie with no real intellectual ambition; emotional ambitions that it mishandles awkwardly as often as it succeeds with them; and aesthetic ambitions so majestically fulfilled that its failures to be intelligent or moving, when it really should have been, are nearly meaningless in comparison.

Nothing like kicking off the morning with a hot cup of coffee and a pretentiously overwritten movie review by Ide. :yeah:
If Ide lived in Boston, he'd do all his movie viewing at the ultra-pretentious Brattle Street Theatre. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: Maladict on May 20, 2013, 07:42:51 AM
I thought it was a really elaborate troll, but I'm slowly starting to think Ide is actually serious about these reviews. :mellow:

I, for one, appreciate Ide's thorough and comprehensive movie reviews.  :sleep:

Certainly better than mine.  :P

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on May 20, 2013, 02:25:21 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2013, 05:52:46 AM

If Ide lived in Boston, he'd do all his movie viewing at the ultra-pretentious Brattle Street Theatre. :)
They have the Looney Tunes weekend though.  And occasionally Muppets.  that makes up for a lot.
PDH!

11B4V

Quote from: katmai on May 20, 2013, 01:52:59 PM
Star Trek. See how horribly wrong Ide is.

I thought the first one was fantastic. I will see Trek2 tomorrow and try to take it in context with just JJ Abrams. I dont know if I will be able to.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Sums up probably 3/4 of the episodes. :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Pretty much, though I always preferred the myth arc anyways...at least until Season 7 or so.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on May 20, 2013, 03:28:15 AM

I most likely won't be seeing Before Midnight because while I'm sure it's perfectly good, I 1)don't believe it's coming out around here and 2)haven't seen the other two, and those don't exactly get me hard either.
It's all a Goddamned shame.

:bleeding:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

new shows for Fall TV season.
http://www.imdb.com/list/GZRTtIlfdqM/?ref_=hm_ad_t3#1

There is some good stuff in there, imho.  Some bad, unoriginal too, but some good is there.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.