Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 24, 2013, 10:20:58 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 24, 2013, 10:16:57 AM
Looks good.   :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbw9hlBnG74

Has European astronauts.  UNREALISTIC
European astronauts have been crew members on the ISS and Shuttle missions.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Big fucking deal.  Go find a bridge that collapsed last week or something, Assburger.

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on May 23, 2013, 09:22:40 PM
Managed to get a watch of a favorite in on Tuesday.

Soylent Green

Saw it the other.  Give it an A+ for solving overpopulation.  Only half-joking.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on May 25, 2013, 01:55:30 AM
Managed to get a watch of a favorite in on Tuesday.

Soylent Green

Saw it the other.  Give it an A+ for solving overpopulation.  Only half-joking.

A+ yes. I have yet to read the book that inspired it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

[spoiler]It's PEOPLE! [/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on May 25, 2013, 02:00:49 AM
A+ yes. I have yet to read the book that inspired it..

Soylent Oceanographic Survey Report 2015-2019 is pretty dry reading.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on May 25, 2013, 02:26:11 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 25, 2013, 02:00:49 AM
A+ yes. I have yet to read the book that inspired it..

Soylent Oceanographic Survey Report 2015-2019 is pretty dry reading.

:D I assume you will Make Room! Make Room! for it on your self.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Well, I done fucked up the formatting. :P

As Lobo might well say, TIME FOR GO TO BED.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Oh, shit, though, INF.  We've both got Jeff Bridges-themed avatars.  IS IT THE START OF A TREND?
Kinemalogue

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on May 25, 2013, 02:45:42 AM
Oh, shit, though, INF.  We've both got Jeff Bridges-themed avatars.  IS IT THE START OF A TREND?

That's the Dude. What can you say.

Eddie Teach

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, very very frightfoot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 25, 2013, 02:50:27 AM
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, very very frightfoot.

I liked that movie. It has a 20mm cannon. What not to like.

Admiral Yi

I just rewatched most of The Queen.  I hereby declare Helen Mirren hottest old bag ever.

Barrister

I was finally able to get a babsitter and watched Star Trek Into Darkness.   :cool:

Movie was awesome, but of course 10 minutes out from the theatre my mind kept coming back to some of the enormous plot holes.

[spoiler]Mind you I'm still pissed you fucks spoiled the Harrison is KHAAAAN! bit for me by talking about ST:II.  I mean I obviously knew he was the likely candidate, but there was the interesting counter-rumour that he was Gary Mitchell.

The whole Kirk-dying-to-save-the-ship-mirror scene was cool, but odd.  It's meant to be an emotional scene, but when Spock then yells out Khaaaan! I don't know about anyone else in the theatre, but I laughed.[/spoiler]
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on May 25, 2013, 08:12:22 AM
I was finally able to get a babsitter and watched Star Trek Into Darkness.   :cool:

Movie was awesome, but of course 10 minutes out from the theatre my mind kept coming back to some of the enormous plot holes.

[spoiler]Mind you I'm still pissed you fucks spoiled the Harrison is KHAAAAN! bit for me by talking about ST:II.  I mean I obviously knew he was the likely candidate, but there was the interesting counter-rumour that he was Gary Mitchell.

The whole Kirk-dying-to-save-the-ship-mirror scene was cool, but odd.  It's meant to be an emotional scene, but when Spock then yells out Khaaaan! I don't know about anyone else in the theatre, but I laughed.[/spoiler]

I snuck out and saw it too. I was meh. An okay chase type movie. None of it made much in the way of sense.

The one thing I really liked, was that at the end they reverted to the whole 5 year mission thing. Maybe we will get some interesting plots involving actual space exploration in future movies. That would be cool.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius