News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Only thing good in Sin City is Jessica Alba being whipped.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2013, 08:18:06 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 21, 2013, 07:59:22 PM
I'm far more disgusted by Sheilbh's bullying of people he perceives as his social inferiors

:lol: Look who's talking.

Really a Travolta/Kirstie Alley reference?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 21, 2013, 08:15:26 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on May 21, 2013, 04:15:04 PM
Quote from: Kleves on May 21, 2013, 09:55:47 AM
Agents of Shield should be fun. Almost Human looks like it could be good too. Seth MacFarlane's new show looks like shit. The Michael J. Fox show looks to be hitting the Parkinson's pretty hard.

NBC couldn't make that plot idea work with "Mann & Machine" 20 years ago.

I remember being pissed when they canceled that show.  :cry:
I was relieved.  IT was pretty suck.

I just remember the robot chick was hot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2013, 08:18:06 PM
I'm far more disgusted by Sheilbh's bullying of people he perceives as his social inferiors
:lol: Look who's talking.
Exactly.  I know that sort of behavior when I see it.

Besides, I don't pick on social inferiors.  Rather, I attack people who I perceive as being damaging to society.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Ide is good.  There's nothing wrong with his movie reviews, even if I disagree with some of what he's saying.  Haters are going to hate, but fuck 'em.

:hug:

I've actually been going through 'em, to read 'em over, put 'em in a text document, self-criticize, and keeping them all in one place if I ever want to do anything else with them or need to refer to them.  Some are kind of shitty, some are pretty okay (I really liked my write-up of The One, which is weird).  I totally whiffed Upstream Color by failing to make a single Mr. Mind reference.  And Money's 100% correct that I should do them in a word processor first.

Anyway, man, I've seen a lot of movies in the past six months.  I haven't even written formal reviews (or anything) about all I've seen, but I've done 65 short reviews ( x>500 words) and 23 long ones (x>500 words), at least since Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which is about when I first started the format.  There may be a few more strays, like Attack of the Puppet People, but that was early stuff and a lot of that doesn't really conform properly with the grade scale.  (I did find a fantastic inconsistency--when I reviewed Rilla's 1950s Village of the Damned, I said I liked Carpenter's better, and when I reviewed Carpenter's, I said it kind of sucked and I liked Rilla's :lol: )

And anyway, Money is the biggest detractor, but that is in line with our traditional interpersonal dynamic.  I do something (doesn't matter what), he complains about it, often humorously.  It's a system that works.  However, I have a treat for him, as I just found Saturn 3. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on May 22, 2013, 04:29:46 AM
However, I have a treat for him, as I just found Saturn 3. :)

Awesome.

11B4V

Just got back from seeing Into Darkness: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhboy oh boy 4/10. I'll write something after I cool down.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 08:57:27 PM
Just got back from seeing Into Darkness: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhboy oh boy 4/10. I'll write something after I cool down.

[spoiler]JJ Abrams should be bitch slapped in his fucking face for that movie. WTF, a guy named Khan Noonien Singh is a pasty white guy. You stupid shit. Not that the actor who played it is necessarily bad. But the whole Khan character was way overdone. He might as well been some rogue Vulcan you ass. No deliciously evil, sophisticated passion. Just an almost mindless automaton Very one dimensional.  Not even a 30 sec blurb on any background for him, so the stupid, idiotic texting, xbox playing new generation twats could even know anything about him. My fucking god fuckety fuck fuck, shit.  The absolute rip off switch of the Kirk/Spock reactor scene. Seething fucking mad I am. I felt like throwing my 24 oz rasberry ice tea at the screen. To include the individual junior mints just out of pure spite. AHHH fuck.    [/spoiler] not done here
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

But it's a Junior Mint.  They're very refreshing.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 09:23:58 PM

It's REALLY refreshing to throw them at the theatre owner.
and the horse you rode in on

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 09:23:58 PM

Yes, I was so seething I could have thrown them. Fucking garbage of a movie.

CountDeMoney

Nothing pisses me off more than CANON VIOLATION

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 09:30:08 PM

The only highlight of the night was possibley the World War Z trailer. It looked entertaining..

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 09:35:22 PM

The only highlight of the night was possibley the World War Z trailer. It looked entertaining..

The only thing that pisses me off more than CANON VIOLATION is VIOLATION OF THE LAWS OF PHYICS

Or, by the look of the trailer, it's LAWLS OF PHYSICS

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 09:53:02 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 09:35:22 PM

The only thing that pisses me off more than CANON VIOLATION is VIOLATION OF THE LAWS OF PHYICS

Or, by the look of the trailer, it's LAWLS OF PHYSICS

It has A-10's