News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 19, 2013, 05:13:07 PM
CNN's list. No particular order.

I know they already have that asshole's The Wire on it, but Homicide: Life On The Street was a much more superior cop show than The Shield.

Ed Anger

My dad is pissed off at the cancellation of Vegas on CBS. I mean PISSED OFF.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

That show actually had some moments.  Dennis Quaid just can't win in life.  :(

Ed Anger

He's also annoyed at the cancellation of Golden Boy. The show title gives me the giggles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2013, 01:28:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2013, 12:56:44 PM
No, I think having Duckie's levity is good - I think he'd just work better as a platonic sidekick.

If you make Duckie a platonic sidekick then the movie becomes just another movie about trying to fit into an out group.  Duckie's feelings make a story of class betrayal.  Like Jungle Fever.

Wasn't the guy she went for more the high school heart throb type? Hard to see picking him over the twerpy friend as class betrayal.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 19, 2013, 06:05:50 PM
Wasn't the guy she went for more the high school heart throb type? Hard to see picking him over the twerpy friend as class betrayal.

:huh: Have you seen the movie?  Molly and Ducky belong to the working class uncool caste and the other dude belongs to the rich cool caste.  That's the whole point of the movie.

11B4V

Molly Ringwold

Hated her then and now.

Now Ally Sheedy........ :perv:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2013, 06:10:05 PM
:huh: Have you seen the movie?  Molly and Ducky belong to the working class uncool caste and the other dude belongs to the rich cool caste.  That's the whole point of the movie.

She may have been working class, but she was still hot. Besides, I don't think Cryer passed the height test.

Josephus

Molly's a singer now. I use that term loosely.

Here she is doing "Don't You Forget About Me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqHDeIeFcy0
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 19, 2013, 05:24:42 PM
He's also annoyed at the cancellation of Golden Boy. The show title gives me the giggles.
My pops is pissed over both of those cancellations as well.  He's notorious for liking shows that get axed though.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 19, 2013, 06:51:09 PM
He's notorious for liking shows that get axed though.

So are you. And crappy pro sports teams.  :hmm:

11B4V

I'll be looking forward to this
Mad Max: Fury Road
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/

The Road Warrior still has a 100% on RT and

Mad Max a 95%

Sheilbh

ITV Player has some great films available at the minute, the Elephant Man, the Eagle Has Landed, the Ipcress File... :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 19, 2013, 07:54:32 PM
ITV Player has some great films available at the minute, the Elephant Man, the Eagle Has Landed, the Ipcress File... :mmm:

:thumbsup: