News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on May 17, 2013, 11:06:41 PM
I'm going to see Into Darkness in a couple of days.  If you fucks spoil it for me... :ultra:
You shouldn't read any discussion of a Star Trek movie from someone who hated First Contact.
:glare:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Quote from: viper37 on May 19, 2013, 03:41:46 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 17, 2013, 11:06:41 PM
I'm going to see Into Darkness in a couple of days.  If you fucks spoil it for me... :ultra:
You shouldn't read any discussion of a Star Trek movie from Ide
:glare:

Fixed it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Continuing the John Hughes/Brat Pack retrospective - Pretty in Pink.

It's clear that in a 21st century re-make, Duckie would just be a gay character.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also, I don't think they could get away with using faggot as a derogatory term. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Don't flatter yourself.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2013, 11:27:04 AM

It's clear that in a 21st century re-make, Duckie would just be a gay character.
but Duckie was suppose to win the girl in end. Damn stupid test screenings.

Admiral Yi

If Duckie were gay he wouldn't have a hardon for Molly Ringwold and be all busted up when she picks the rich kid.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2013, 11:45:34 AM

If Duckie were gay he wouldn't have a hardon for Molly Ringwold and be all busted up when she picks the rich kid.
if Garbo and his gay agenda got their way it would have been all guy main characters. <_<

garbon

True, they'd have to change the plot a bit.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on May 19, 2013, 11:47:22 AM

if Garbo and his gay agenda got their way it would have been all guy main characters. <_<

How so? Us gays love a fabulous leading lady. Why Garbo, for instance!

Josephus

But would that make sense? Doesn't he have a hard-on for Ringwald?

EDIT: What everyone else said.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

The problem is that he doesn't work as a credible love interest.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2013, 12:26:18 PM
The problem is that he doesn't work as a credible love interest.

So if Pretty in Pink were remade Duckie would have to be recast is what you're saying.

Although to be pedantic I wouldn't call him a love interest; he's an admirer.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2013, 12:01:37 PM

If you insist on using logic and reason I am outta this conversation!

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2013, 12:01:37 PM

Don't flatter yourself.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.