News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 06, 2013, 11:53:33 AM
So neither was the hottest bird around then.

Had to put Rothrock up, to combat Barr's weight advantage. You're prob too young to remember.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Who's the cut chick with the beak?

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2013, 11:58:39 AM

Cynthia Rothrock, she has a beak about the same as the F-5

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on May 06, 2013, 12:12:39 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2013, 11:58:39 AM

Cynthia Rothrock she a a beak about the same as the F-5

What's the deal with that plane?  US Navy markings, but a big red star on the tail?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on May 06, 2013, 12:14:21 PM
What's the deal with that plane?  US Navy markings, but a big red star on the tail?

"Fighter Squadron Composite (VFC-13) Saints is a US Navy fighter squadron that provides adversary training for U.S. Navy air wings at NAS Fallon, Nevada."

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/f5dp_1.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFC-13

viper37

I feel Revenge was great at first, but then, they realized it actually attracted an audience, so they're milking it, slowing the pace, making it more about personal dramas than the Monte Cristo plot and as such, I feel it has gone down in quality.
Anyway, now I want to know the ending.

Saw Gangster Squad.  Totally boring.  I'm not Ide, so no letter and no detailed explanation :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2013, 10:35:08 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2013, 10:22:09 AM
The establishment of shit movie taste is quite easy.

What do you think of Traffic & Mulholland Dr?

If you answer anything else than : #1 & #2 worse movie you have ever seen, you have shit taste.

I dunno, man...Ninja 3: The Domination and Charles Bronson's Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects were pretty bad.
You can make your strong arguments about Traffic and Mulholland Dr being bad all you like, but at least they didn't have fucking boom mikes in scenes.   :lol:

And for obvious esoteric reasons I don't feel need explaining, Mulholland Dr gets a certain pass from me.
Random Hearts.  The worst.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2013, 12:32:45 PM
Random Hearts.  The worst.

You're just saying that to agitate me.  It won't work.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on May 06, 2013, 12:12:39 PM
Cynthia Rothrock, she has a beak about the same as the F-5

Who is Cynthia Rothrock?

Kid Rock's half sister?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

crazy canuck

I am still watching Dr. Who.  Really really want to like it but I think we are well past the time when we need another Dr.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2013, 01:46:32 PM
I am still watching Dr. Who.  Really really want to like it but I think we are well past the time when we need another Dr.

I don't think it would make a difference.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 06, 2013, 03:06:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2013, 01:46:32 PM

I don't think it would make a difference.

With a new Doctor they get to restart and jettison this story line which is becoming less and less engaging.

Tonitrus

Quote from: 11B4V on May 06, 2013, 11:57:17 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 06, 2013, 11:53:33 AM
So neither was the hottest bird around then.

Had to put Rothrock up, to combat Barr's weight advantage. You're prob too young to remember.

There are better pics of Cynthia Rothrock out there...

...with more Caliga approval too.  :P

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2013, 03:14:02 PM
With a new Doctor they get to restart and jettison this story line which is becoming less and less engaging.

I just feel like after 6 seasons of watching it that the whole concept has gotten stale. I'm not tired of Matt Smith so much as I'm tired of Dr Who.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?