News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Anybody going to see Gatsby next week when it comes out?

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 05, 2013, 09:04:40 AM

Are you asking me out? :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Fuck off.  Dumbass trollfuck.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Did anyone else follow The Following (snicker) all the way to the bitter end?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 05, 2013, 09:55:47 AM

Yeah, I followed it all the way to the disappointing end.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

I guess they were told they were being canceled and decided to go out with a bang and killing off all the main characters was the only way they knew how.

TBH, I figure I probably wouldn't have watched a second season. Was an interesting premise, but they weren't able to rein it in. When the show you're watching reminds you that it is fiction and not something remotely plausible a half dozen times every episode it makes it much less compelling IMO.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 05, 2013, 01:10:35 PM
I guess they were told they were being canceled and decided to go out with a bang and killing off all the main characters was the only way they knew how.

TBH, I figure I probably wouldn't have watched a second season. Was an interesting premise, but they weren't able to rein it in. When the show you're watching reminds you that it is fiction and not something remotely plausible a half dozen times every episode it makes it much less compelling IMO.

It was renewed, so there will be a second season.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Sophie Scholl

I definitely plan on it.  I love Baz Luhrmann's movies.  They're like visual crack.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Baz Lurhman and Leo De Craprio?

:bleeding:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 05, 2013, 03:57:28 PM
I definitely plan on it.  I love Baz Luhrmann's movies.  They're like visual crack.
:bleeding:

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 05, 2013, 09:55:47 AM
Yes I did.

I am a tad disapointed.

One, the FBI seems filled to the brim with incompetent people.  Even the lead seems kinda stupid, always insisting he goes alone to face the bad guys, while he's in no condition to do so.
[spoiler]
Claire Matthews has got to be one the dumbest character of any tv show I've ever seen.  For fuck's sake, she agrees to follow a known serial killer in hopes of finding he son, knowing this will only split the FBI's effort in searching for the boy, and not only does she do this once, she does it twice??  And then as soon as she's in the mansion she tries to escape... What, did she think her ex would go to all that trouble and not have someone watch on her to avoid her escape?  Jesus.

In the final episode, they rush to find Parker, they know she's been burried alive, yet they don't bring any medical equipment with them?  They don't make sure there's an ambulance or medevac following them?  Stupid X10.
Then they find her.  A minute before, she was speaking over the phone and suddenky she's dead beyond reanimation?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Joe Carrol isn't dead, somehow, he'll have faked his death and reappear next season.

It's a good show, but so many nonsensical things...
[/spoiler]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Heh, yeah i had to give up on that show after 3 episodes.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011