News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on April 11, 2013, 07:50:19 PM
I think people have to let go of Anthony Hopkins in that role.

Well, he certainly helped with that Hannibal, reducing Lecter to mere caricature, with nothing more to offer than simpleton zingers like "goody" and "okey dokey".
Such a depressing turn.

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 11, 2013, 07:51:44 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 11, 2013, 07:50:19 PM
Same, he does an excellent job. I think people have to let go of Anthony Hopkins in that role.
I'll never let Brain Cox go :weep:

I'm sure he appreciates it deep down, but you have to give him his space.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

'Enemy of the State' worth watching ?

I gave up on 'Diary of a Teenage Drama Queen' in around 3 minutes.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

Finally, I've finished season 5 of Mad Men so I can watch the (DVRed) season 6 premiere tonight. Hallefuckingluiah.
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on April 11, 2013, 08:51:52 PM

Passable.  The technology is Hollywoodified, but that's to be expected.  Typical TS/JB fare.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on April 11, 2013, 08:59:27 PM
Finally, I've finished season 5 of Mad Men so I can watch the (DVRed) season 6 premiere tonight. Hallefuckingluiah.

Is it really worth watching, or did you just feel compelled to finish it out of some sense of OCDism?

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on April 11, 2013, 08:51:52 PM

I gave up on 'Diary of a Teenage Drama Queen' in around 3 minutes.

It's a decent thriller;  I recall being entertained.  Low B.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2013, 09:01:17 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on April 11, 2013, 08:59:27 PM

Is it really worth watching, or did you just feel compelled to finish it out of some sense of OCDism?

Your mileage blah blah blah, but I find it the most compelling drama on TV.

Ideologue

I haven't seen Mad Men, but I have seen Breaking Bad, so I disagree.
Kinemalogue

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on April 11, 2013, 09:04:52 PM

Oh, I love Breaking Bad, too, don't get me wrong.

Ed Anger

I watch cat woman on AMC.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on April 11, 2013, 09:04:52 PM

Yeah, I've caught a couple episodes here and there, but I really don't see how some ad exec dinosaurs going through the growing pains of feminism in the workplace can compete with I Am The One Who Knocks.

Although, for some reason, Jesse occasionally reminds me of you sometimes, which is probably why I would've whacked him myself in Season 2.

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2013, 07:56:06 PM
Well, he certainly helped with that Hannibal, reducing Lecter to mere caricature, with nothing more to offer than simpleton zingers like "goody" and "okey dokey".
Such a depressing turn.
Yep. I like Silence of Lambs, but absolutely love Manhunter. So the series appeals given that it's about Graham and Lecter.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 11, 2013, 09:11:05 PM
Yep. I like Silence of Lambs, but absolutely love Manhunter. So the series appeals given that it's about Graham and Lecter.

I refuse to watch that ungodly remake.