News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

everybody had good grammar before Thatcher. But one of her lasting legacies is that people don't know good grammar anymore. It's all her fault. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 10, 2013, 11:25:53 AM
I disagree.  I liked LOTR and found the Hobbit boring.  I understand the commercial need to add content that wasnt in the book to stretch it to two movies but really it felt like a B movie with special effects to try keep the audience attention (but failed).  Also way to long.  I found myself hoping the damn thing would end but it went on and on and on.
It's not a single 200 pages book.  There's a lot of content in the annexes of LOTR, where they took most of the content.

I didn't find it that long, just ok, I felt entertained. It could have been better, but it was a good movie, better than many who came out in 2012.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Shows this weekend.

Total Recall  :bleeding:
Battle of LA  :rolleyes:
Hannibal(TV) :thumbsup:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on April 11, 2013, 01:08:47 AM
Shows this weekend.

Ypu guys have really gotta start reading my reviews. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on April 11, 2013, 01:13:44 AM
Shows this weekend.

I did. But it's like a bloody crime scene. I just have to see it myself.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on April 11, 2013, 01:13:44 AM
Shows this weekend.

:lol: Hahaha, no.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Liked what I saw of the first ep. of Hannibal. Could easily turn into a sort-of CSI crime of the week though. We'll see where it leads.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on April 11, 2013, 08:59:36 AM
Liked what I saw of the first ep. of Hannibal. Could easily turn into a sort-of CSI crime of the week though. We'll see where it leads.

I liked it too, but having a hard time taking Mads Mikkelsen serious, even if this isn't his first cannibal role.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Got a 43" Samsung plasma for $359.  The cat is happy again.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2013, 06:25:51 PM
Got a 43" Samsung plasma for $359.  The cat is happy again.

So "the cat" can get back to watching Real Housewives now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 11, 2013, 07:23:40 PM
I love Mads Mikkelsen.

I think he's cast very well in this role.  He possesses Lector's traits from the novels:  an accent that attributes his Eastern European background, and his personal affectations are particular and demanding, but not necessarily effeminate.   He plays the detached and slightly bemused observer of other humans very well.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2013, 07:39:57 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 11, 2013, 07:23:40 PM
I love Mads Mikkelsen.

I think he's cast very well in this role.  He possesses Lector's traits from the novels:  an accent that attributes his Eastern European background, and his personal affectations are particular and demanding, but not necessarily effeminate.   He plays the detached and slightly bemused observer of other humans very well.

Same, he does an excellent job. I think people have to let go of Anthony Hopkins in that role.

Sheilbh

Quote from: 11B4V on April 11, 2013, 07:50:19 PM
Same, he does an excellent job. I think people have to let go of Anthony Hopkins in that role.
I'll never let Brain Cox go :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!