News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Re-watched the Anders Thomas Jensen written "In China They Eat Dogs". It hasn't aged quite as well as some of his other work, but it's still enjoyable.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

After two years of wondering, my Dad has finally found the secret to actually enjoying his retirement: burning through the first 4 seasons of Breaking Bad in a week.  He's totally hooked now.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2013, 09:47:41 AM
After two years of wondering, my Dad has finally found the secret to actually enjoying his retirement: burning through the first 4 seasons of Breaking Bad in a week.  He's totally hooked now.

I always knew Crystal Meth was the solution to Retiree boredom.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2013, 02:35:29 AMWe need a Slate rule.  No posting from Slate.

What's wrong with Slate?

Viking

Quote from: Jacob on March 28, 2013, 04:35:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2013, 02:35:29 AMWe need a Slate rule.  No posting from Slate.

What's wrong with Slate?

You only ban things people want to do. That's why we don't have a Drudge Report rule.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

What's wrong with Slate?

Generally dreadful articles with slant towards shrill silliness.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2013, 04:45:56 PM

What's wrong with Slate?

You only ban things people want to do. That's why we don't have a Drudge Report rule.

Tim loves to post from Slate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on March 28, 2013, 04:51:32 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2013, 04:45:56 PM

What's wrong with Slate?

Tim loves to post from Slate.

This is the kind of root cause analysis we need to avoid making silly knee jerk reactions. Lets not have a Slate rule, let's have a Timmy Rule?

I propose Timmy can't post a link to anything unless he includes at least 500 words of original content commenting on the article.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on March 28, 2013, 04:51:11 PM

What's wrong with Slate?

Generally dreadful articles with slant towards shrill silliness.

Bingo.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2013, 05:14:19 PM
I propose Timmy can't post a link to anything unless he includes at least 500 words of original content commenting on the article.

Does it really take 500 words to ask where we'll get all the needed water for fracking?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 28, 2013, 06:46:49 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2013, 05:14:19 PM

Does it really take 500 words to ask where we'll get all the needed water for fracking?

This explains why 500 words are required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Eddie Teach

Anyone else been watching 1600 Penn?

Syt

Not a complete list, and some odd picks, but . . . yeah.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Face/Off, Layer Cake, Spider Man?  :huh:

They're alright movies, but hardly must-see.

Just noticed Blair Witch Project.  :rolleyes:

Pretty decent list overall though, considering the scope.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."