And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Sinister was flat. You owe me 5$ Ide.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

katmai

Anyone dumb enough to watch sinister deserves what they get.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Malthus

Quote from: katmai on February 20, 2013, 02:16:15 AM
Anyone dumb enough to watch sinister deserves what they get.

Dragged down to Hell? Seems a trifle harsh.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Quote from: Queequeg on February 20, 2013, 02:11:52 AM

Roger Ebert liked it.  Go hit him up for change.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

I only just learned that all the "new" Futurama episodes are now on Canadian Netflix.  For some reason they've never been shown in Canada (or if they were, they were so poorly advertised I never found them).

So I've been gorging on Futurama and loving it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Drakken

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2013, 10:12:23 PM
Ted- pretty funny, especially the flash Gordon bits

Like the part that Ted gets hired and even promoted, despite telling his boss that he and everyone was muffdiving his wife, or getting caught banging the bimbo chick cashier in the backstore.

Also, loved the Ryan Reynolds gay cameo.  :lol:

sbr

Elisabeth shue is on CSI now?  Yummy, I might have to start watching.

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2013, 01:34:35 AM

[spoiler]Last week, when Rick freaked out at the end of the episode;  pulled his gun when he saw his wife, and they hauled ass.[/spoiler]
Ah yes, I do remember that. I assumed they just meant out of the room.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Finally here on blu-ray: Red Dawn. :wub:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on February 21, 2013, 01:40:32 AM
Elisabeth shue is on CSI now?  Yummy, I might have to start watching.

She got old, man.  It's been a long time since Adventures in Babysitting.

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on February 20, 2013, 02:11:52 AM
It's one of those modern shock-horror movies.  You should have known better.  They've never made a good one.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

If you want to watch a shock horror movie that also serves as an allegory how people in Serbia are fucked by those in power from birth till after death (literally), then watch A Serbian Movie. It makes Human Centipede seem rather harmless and sane.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

lustindarkness

I watched Jaws with my daughter yesterday, she loved it.
She only lost interest in my favorite part where Quint tells the story about the Indianapolis. Understandable for an 8 year old.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 21, 2013, 09:50:36 AM
I watched Jaws with my daughter yesterday, she loved it.

Heh, you will regret that decision when you try taking her swimming at the beach this summer.  :lol:

I watched Lord of the Rings with my 7 year old and he loved it ... but I quickly regretted that notion.

"Okay, son, off to the bathroom upstairs for bedtime"

"Come with me dad"

"Why?"

"There may be a giant spider up there"
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius