And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: viper37 on January 21, 2013, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 21, 2013, 01:13:35 PM
Even with a soda, it's like $15, and I don't ordinarily buy sodas during a movie.  I'm sure they've had people count these beans, but I really do have wonder if the theaters would actually bring in more money if they didn't sell cokes at a 2000% markup, and instead went for the more customary 800-1000%.
25$ is those new theaters selling beers and delivering your order to your seat.

Oh, so, Grey Fox means it costs $25 to go out to a restaurant? :lol: Well, that's about right.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Maybe G'fox was thinking about going out to the movies in New York.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Well if you go to IMAX/3D film it is about $18 per ticket....at least that is cost here.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Rough. Alaska living is expensive like Manhattan! :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2013, 04:50:48 PM

It actually is pretty close in COL

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on January 21, 2013, 04:54:53 PM

All those airlifts for basic staples of life up there in the Artic ain't free.

garbon

And none of the benefits. :console: :(

Malthus

A night out to the movies will typically cost in the $25 range in Toronto, if you have a drink and popcorn.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

katmai

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2013, 05:04:51 PM

And none of the benefits. :console: :(

Yeah it's much better here.

garbon

katmai

:lol:
Couldn't pay me to live in NYC

mongers

'Lincoln' is looking good as is Tarantino 'Django'.

Damn, I'm going to have to see some of these recent movies (the ones in colour and with sound), normally I just get around to seeing them 10-15 years after release.   :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on January 21, 2013, 05:16:30 PM
A night out to the movies will typically cost in the $25 range in Toronto, if you have a drink and popcorn.

OK, and a DVD from Amazon costs $25 if you get overnight shipping.  So what?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Somebody doesn't have Prime. Tsk tsk.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 21, 2013, 08:34:31 PM
Somebody doesn't have Prime. Tsk tsk.

That's 2-day shipping.

I had it for the month free trial, and I've been flirting with picking it up again.  It's much closer to instant gratification.  On the minus side it probably reinforces the addictive qualities inherent in collecting movies (or anything).  THE QUICK AND THE DEAD IS EIGHT BUCKS? AND I CAN HAVE IT IN TWO DAYS? OH MAN
Kinemalogue