TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Eddie Teach

Ide might have more success watching movies made in Brazil or Indonesia.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Gups

Quote from: Count on October 14, 2012, 10:30:30 PM
The Thick Of It, a fantastic British satire about politics, is back and it is spectacular. Also check out the related film, In The Loop.

Also Veep.

Despite being in opposition, Malcolm still has all the best lines:

"What the fuck is this? Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Cunt?"

"We're out in the middle of the ocean with our own Ellen MacArthur crying and sobbing. Enough. Over the side she goes. She's going to sleep with the fishes – or at least witter at them until they lose the fucking will to live."

"You are not a grandee, you're a fucking blandee. No one knew what the fuck you stood for. Political fucking mist. No substance, no weight. You've got all the charm of a rotting teddy bear by a graveside. By the way, women fucking hate you. I can show you the polling. They think you come across like a jittery mother at a wedding. The best thing you ever did in your flatlining non-leadership was call for an inquiry because that will fuck the government and it will fuck you. So now, please, fuck off back to your home, you headless frump, and prepare for your column in Grazia."

"These phones are amazing, aren't they? I've got an application that can throw grenades into people's dreams."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on October 14, 2012, 08:18:55 PM
Guess Rick doesn't like peaches.

Certainly not dog food.

Poor Herschel.

Ed Anger

Last night, Vincent Price goodness. The Masque of the Red Death.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2012, 06:05:18 AM
Quote from: HVC on October 14, 2012, 08:18:55 PM
Guess Rick doesn't like peaches.

Certainly not dog food.

that makes more sense :blush:

Also, of they're all infected anyway what's with all the amputations? Gonna get doubly infected?  Or just I guess if something dead takes a bite out of you normal infection is a worry too.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

The Thick Of It, a fantastic British satire about politics, is back and it is spectacular. Also check out the related film, In The Loop.
Yeah, really good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on October 15, 2012, 07:46:36 AM
Also, of they're all infected anyway what's with all the amputations? Gonna get doubly infected?  Or just I guess if something dead takes a bite out of you normal infection is a worry too.

I figured it was just a chance to stave off the infection bite.  You know the infection works slowly, maybe but chopping off the leg it'd work similar to stemming poison.  We'll see.

Josquius

new Walking dead- yey. Though what the hell is that black lady's sword made of?  Its unfeasibly sharp and durable.
██████
██████
██████

frunk

Reposted from BGG, because it's bugging me now too:

QuoteYou know those vending machines back in the day that would dispense a paper cup out of a chute into a little transparent enclosure, and shoot hot or cold beverages into it?

There was a TV show with an intro sequence which ended with a closeup shot of one of these vending machined malfunctioning. Maybe with the liquid shooting out and then a cup dropping down later.

The reason I think it was an intro is because I think I saw it repeatedly as a kid.

What was the TV show?

I'm going crazy trying to remember.

Count

Quote from: Gups on October 15, 2012, 03:59:31 AM

Also Veep.

Despite being in opposition, Malcolm still has all the best lines:

"What the fuck is this? Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Cunt?"

"We're out in the middle of the ocean with our own Ellen MacArthur crying and sobbing. Enough. Over the side she goes. She's going to sleep with the fishes – or at least witter at them until they lose the fucking will to live."

"You are not a grandee, you're a fucking blandee. No one knew what the fuck you stood for. Political fucking mist. No substance, no weight. You've got all the charm of a rotting teddy bear by a graveside. By the way, women fucking hate you. I can show you the polling. They think you come across like a jittery mother at a wedding. The best thing you ever did in your flatlining non-leadership was call for an inquiry because that will fuck the government and it will fuck you. So now, please, fuck off back to your home, you headless frump, and prepare for your column in Grazia."

"These phones are amazing, aren't they? I've got an application that can throw grenades into people's dreams."

I like The Thick Of It way more than Veep, but I feel like a snotty anglophile when I say that.  :Embarrass:

In The Loop might be my favorite movie of the last ten years, by the way. "Difficult difficult lemon difficult."
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on October 15, 2012, 08:29:24 AM
new Walking dead- yey. Though what the hell is that black lady's sword made of?  Its unfeasibly sharp and durable.

Looked to me like a badass samurai sword.  Sure as hell beats a fireplace poker, like my man Dawg is using.

Have to admit, I was impressed with the MagLite-turned-into-a-suppressor.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on October 15, 2012, 08:29:24 AM

Meh, when they were cleaning the prison yard, I saw a head come off with a machete.  But then, maybe zombie ness makes the body structure a little weaker.

Josephus

So Walking Dead kicked serious ratings ass, becoming the highest rated season premiere this fall, yes better tahn alll the big network shows.

Sunday night's third season premiere of The Walking Dead delivered a huge 10.9 million viewers for its first telecast. But what's really impressive is the show's adults 18-49 demographic rating of a 5.8.

That's stunning.

The closest broadcast has gotten this fall to that number is a Modern Family season premiere that pulled a 5.5 (all these are apples-to-apples next-day ratings, not including DVR). Football has delivered bigger numbers ... but that's sports and we're talking entertainment programming. And AMC accomplished this with an extra disadvantage — not having a major distributor, Dish Network, on board due to its carriage contract dispute (imagine how many more viewers the episode might have had with Dish on board).
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

I find it hard to believe nobody's doing better than 11 million viewers. ER used to pull 30, American Idol mid-20s, heck even Lost had around 15.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?