News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 11, 2012, 06:43:53 PM
New always sunny... is on tonight. Episode title? Pop Pop,the final solution.

:)

Wooo!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2012, 07:49:55 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 02, 2012, 06:59:33 PM
What would be good films to show my students?
Back to the Future and Harry Potter work but they've seen them a bazillion times.

Faris Beuhler's Day Off.  Caddyshack.  Animal House.  Groundhog Day.

The 90s are over Yi. Also, they sucked.

Eddie Teach

Maybe that's why he only picked one 90s movie.  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on October 12, 2012, 01:58:37 AM
The 90s are over Yi. Also, they sucked.

You're a crabby fuck.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Queequeg

Sheilbh and CDM convinced me to watch Naked.  Love the werewolf line from Thewlis.   :lol:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Holy Christ.  I can't believe how hideous all the clothes are.  And more than half of the people.  It's almost as upsetting as the plot. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on October 12, 2012, 05:38:22 PM
Holy Christ.  I can't believe how hideous all the clothes are.  And more than half of the people.  It's almost as upsetting as the plot.

Well, they are British.

CountDeMoney

So I decided to rent Prometheus at oh-dark-thirty this AM, and I'm stopped at the 1:05:18 mark, because I have to bitch.

First, you show up in a movie with a fucking android, you saw that fucker in half with a shotgun before the beginning credits.  Fuck, after so many Ridley Scott movies, you can't even trust a microwave anymore.

Secondly, I cannot imagine a more disjointed scientific expedition.  Not only is the whole mission crew a microcosm of dysfunction, nobody's on the same fucking page on this thing. It's like an episode of Corporate Applications IT In Space.  Bean Counting >  "I'm here to make money", says the geologist  > Most Important Interplanetary Archeological Discovery In Mankind's History.  Fuck. 

You wish zombie Neil Armstrong would come back and kick these people in the ass.  And where's Gene Kranz when you need him?

Land on the planet with only six hours of daylight left?  Fuck it, let's run up into an archeological site like we just pulled up in the family truckster in the fucking parking lot at Wally World.  Just lollygagging around, not paying attention to shit on the walls, letting people split up, no monitoring of personnel left behind, quarantine and safety tossed out the fucking window, you got shit in your eyeballs, not telling anybody.

So far, the only character premise I buy into is the Captain with his squeezebox, because as my old German granddad used to say of his days as a sailor with Norddeutscher Lloyd in the 1920s, every sailor needs a squeezebox.

Halfway in, and sorely disappointed.

CountDeMoney

Oh yeah,  and obviously The Discovery Channel went extinct in the future and nobody's watched it, because gee, you're supposed to be a biologist, because looe here, here's a reptilian-like thing that just so happens to exhibit hostile behavior by rearing up and flaring a cobra-like shroud. 

No, that's not a danger sign or anything, I THINK I'LL JUST PET IT.

Neil

It's not that the Discovery Channel is gone, it's just that it's nothing but back-to-back episodes of Deadliest Catch.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Final Verdict:  Prometheustupid.  On so many levels.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2012, 08:04:33 AM
It's not that the Discovery Channel is gone, it's just that it's nothing but back-to-back episodes of Deadliest Catch.

American Chopper: THE USA! BIKE that looks like all the other bikes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.