News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Saw Dredd this past Sunday morning.  A solid entry into the comic-book action franchise with some neat set-pieces, good writing and a Judge Dredd that isn't laughably bad.  The Slo-Mo sequences make for excellent cinematography as well.  See it in 3D if you can.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

Quote from: Tamas on September 25, 2012, 04:41:04 AM
Quote from: katmai on September 25, 2012, 03:56:41 AM
Mission to Mars an A?

Lay off the drugs Ide.
Val Kilmer automatically decreases it a grade, for starters.
What I don't even...?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Liep on September 25, 2012, 09:13:05 AM
Yep, Jose, there's a lot of strange things going on, eg. [spoiler]why would a guy who had managed to keep a gun for 15 years be so reckless and shoot a deer close to his home and then hang it with gunshot wound and all right in the front? People breaking the necks of 5 year old girls to get food after a day?[/spoiler]

I'll probably watch the next episode too though.

This shows demonstrates how lazy humanity has gotten.  Before we even invented electricity, we were still able to keep weeds from growing over everything, not to mention trimming the grass.

Ideologue

Quote from: dps on September 25, 2012, 12:54:47 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 25, 2012, 11:36:31 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 25, 2012, 04:41:04 AM
Mission to Mars an A?

Lay off the drugs Ide.

Val Kilmer automatically decreases it a grade, for starters.

Val Kilmer isn't in Mission to Mars.  You're thinking of Tombstone.

Actually, he's thinking of Red Planet.

Wow.  Whoosh. :lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

When I think Val Kilmer, the first movie that pops in my head is Thunderheart.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2012, 07:47:51 AM
Mission to Mars an A?

Lay off the drugs Ide.

It's pretty clear that Ide has no chops as a movie reviewer.

Whatever.  I'm great.  I provide unique perspective.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 25, 2012, 08:20:13 PM

That was a pretty cool movie.

When I think of Val Kilmer, it's Top Secret! (yes, I actually saw that in the theater when it came out) and Top Gun.

Ed Anger

I want to beat Ide with my DVD racks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ideologue on September 25, 2012, 08:30:13 PM
Mission to Mars an A?

Lay off the drugs Ide.

Poor Ide gets stick for his movie reviews. At least his reviews last longer than two sentences, unlike most others here. I appreciate the unique, albeit flawed, perspective.  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 25, 2012, 08:35:47 PM
Mission to Mars an A?

Lay off the drugs Ide.

Poor Ide gets stick for his movie reviews. At least his reviews last longer than two sentences, unlike most others here. I appreciate the unique, albeit flawed, perspective.  :bowler:

Hey buddy, you are lucky to get a full sentence outta me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Speaking of Val Kilmer, if you want to see a really underrated but totally wicked little thriller-action flick, see Spartan.  Very nicely done, a tight script, good cast and quite a few twists in it.

One of the best David Mamet movies nobody's ever seen.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2012, 08:34:08 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on September 25, 2012, 08:20:13 PM

When I think of Val Kilmer, it's Top Secret! (yes, I actually saw that in the theater when it came out) and Top Gun.

Real Genius for me.

And Tombstone, best Wyatt Earp movie ever.

FunkMonk

The world needs more Ed. Didn't you used to do reviews for random crap you bought at Walmart?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 25, 2012, 08:35:47 PM
Mission to Mars an A?

Lay off the drugs Ide.

He doesn't get it for his reviews, but for his opinion.  His reviews are, indeed, welcome.  :cheers:

-J. R. R. Tolkien