And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 05, 2012, 08:07:12 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 05, 2012, 08:03:40 AM
Nolan went out of his way to select his favorite storylines from the batman mythos emphasising the darkness of the character; that means there can be no robin, there can only be batman.

The earlier series would have done better to exclude Robin as well.

Well yes. If you add robin batman has to get less dark. He's suddenly the responsible adult and has to be nicer, more PG13.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Prometheus- I was told it sucked. It was actually rather good. Though the whole thing felt like one big commercial for Prometheus 2. They explained nothing. The alien never said anything. It makes no sense...one killed himself to make humans (why the need to die?) now they're wanting to launch war? Some sort of alien religious war going on?
The directors cut should be interesting. So many sub plots which werent developed. Including all the characters.
Wonder what was with the super sized face hugger and primitive alien.
██████
██████
██████

Kleves

Lockout. What the fuck, Guy Pearce?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Pedrito on September 05, 2012, 07:26:21 AM
Verdict: I'd fuck Marion Cotillard into the stratosphere, even if she's an idiot who thinks 9/11 was a CIA plot.

I'd want to pound that bump in her forehead back down with my dick.

Eddie Teach

Hey, CDM, if you're trying to be all edgy and shit with your avatar/title combo, you really ought to replace Mola Ram with Transformer Kid. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Fuck you.  Cinema heathens.

I don't expect any less from a forum that prefers Tombstone over Wyatt Earp anyway.  Philistines.

Tonitrus

Gotta support the ToD love...

Neil

Austrian archaeologist lady is hotter than annoying singer lady.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

For Indy gals, Karen Allen tops the blondies.

Tonitrus

"A Face in the Crowd".

Pretty good.  Andy Griffith was good as the star, of course, but I actually thought the understated Walter Matthau was the best actor in the film.

Tonitrus

"The Snow Walker"

A passable Canadian film using the tired plot of "asshole white guy carrying a sick Inuit hottie in his bush plane, crashes, freaks out, and then goes all "Dances with Hottie Inuit" to learn how to survive on the tundra after his white-man ways lead him to black fly-bitten despair".

2 wrestled-to-death-caribou out of 10.  And those 2 are only because the Inuit actress was damned cute.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 07, 2012, 08:47:01 PM
"A Face in the Crowd".

Pretty good.  Andy Griffith was good as the star, of course, but I actually thought the understated Walter Matthau was the best actor in the film.

Awesome movie.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 07, 2012, 08:51:29 PM
"The Snow Walker"

A passable Canadian film using the tired plot of "asshole white guy carrying a sick Inuit hottie in his bush plane, crashes, freaks out, and then goes all "Dances with Hottie Inuit" to learn how to survive on the tundra after his white-man ways lead him to black fly-bitten despair".

2 wrestled-to-death-caribou out of 10.  And those 2 are only because the Inuit actress was damned cute.

Ugh, Canadian flicks. :yuk:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 07, 2012, 08:52:25 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on September 07, 2012, 08:47:01 PM
"A Face in the Crowd".

Awesome movie.

My favorite emo-quote from Matthau's character, who has an obvious crush on the leading lady (who herself lusts after the Andy Griffith character)...

"For a mild man, you sound vicious."             

"Didn't you know?  All mild men are vicious.  They hate themselves for being mild and the extroverts whose violence...has a strange attraction for nice girls who should know better."

Eddie Teach

Sherlock Holmes 2. Alright, not as good as first.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?