News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 03, 2012, 07:58:52 PM
The Varangian Guard would have been that much more badass.
They'd just take over the city themselves in that situation.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

So I watched a beautiful happy musical with my son yesterday, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Drakken

Quote from: sbr on September 03, 2012, 07:50:31 PM
No shit they did pretty well in england without dragons.

Did they?

Drakken

In other news, finally sat to watch Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't as much of a rape of the trilogy that I had expected. Besides, Karen Allen really has aged well, I'd still tap her. I hate Shia LeButt-fuck with a passion, but even I must admit he was doing a good job as Mutt.

What the hell was John Hurt doing in this movie? It's like the third movie he's messed in by aliens. :huh:

The only let down for me, was the lack of a gruesome death for the Big Bad. All three past had one gruesome scene (the Nazis and Belloc melting at the Ark, the heart-ripping sacrifice, Donovan aging to death after drinking the wrong Graal). Here the ant scene wasn't really gruesome, and Cate Blanchett's death was just meh.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on September 04, 2012, 10:10:40 AM
In other news, finally sat to watch Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't as much of a rape of the trilogy that I had expected.

Yeah, I actually liked it better than that Three-Stooges-Slapstick-and-Shoddy-Bluescreen-CGI-Editing-And-Lets-Redo-The-Original-Raiders-Chase-Scene-But-Only-Slower-With-A-Tank-And-Shittier-Nazis" bullshit Last Crusade joke of a film.

And I so whacked off to Cate Blanchett's little Russkie-in-an-Evil-Dorothy-Hamill-Bob-Cut jumpsuited ass, too.  I'd bang that for the Revolution in a heartbeat.

Malthus

Quote from: Drakken on September 04, 2012, 10:04:43 AM
Quote from: sbr on September 03, 2012, 07:50:31 PM
No shit they did pretty well in england without dragons.

Did they?

Heh, Saxon Hauscarls as cavalry?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2012, 10:24:13 AM
Yeah, I actually liked it better than that Three-Stooges-Slapstick-and-Shoddy-Bluescreen-CGI-Editing-And-Lets-Redo-The-Original-Raiders-Chase-Scene-But-Only-Slower-With-A-Tank-And-Shittier-Nazis" bullshit Last Crusade joke of a film.

You're dead to me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 04, 2012, 10:49:45 AM

You're dead to me.

Oh, fuck that Last Crusade bullshit.  It was a fucking joke.

Syt

Quote from: Drakken on September 04, 2012, 10:10:40 AM
In other news, finally sat to watch Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't as much of a rape of the trilogy that I had expected.

And I so whacked off to Cate Blanchett's little Russkie-in-an-Evil-Dorothy-Hamill-Bob-Cut jumpsuited ass, too.  I'd bang that for the Revolution in a heartbeat.

Indeed, Crusade has the worst special effects of the series. Though Temple of Doom is the worst of the movies. I wanted to punch that shrieking shrew whenever she opened her mouth. Obviously, sleeping with the director helped her getting the job, but God, was she awful.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2012, 11:15:35 AM
Though Temple of Doom is the worst of the movies. I wanted to punch that shrieking shrew whenever she opened her mouth. Obviously, sleeping with the director helped her getting the job, but God, was she awful.

She was a pain in the ass, but Gups Mola Ram trumps the cookie-cutter Nazis from Last Crusade.

FunkMonk

What the christ :wacko:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 04, 2012, 11:49:30 AM

What the christ :wacko:

Oh yeah, reducing Indiana Fucking Jones to a nyuk-nyuk sidekick for Sean Connery, and reducing Denholm Elliot to a blathering fool really fucking worked for the series.

Kleves

Raiders >>>>> Crusade >>> Temple > Skull.  :contract:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

You're all a bunch of fucking infants.  Imbued with toxic Timmaytaint.

garbon

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 04, 2012, 08:37:05 AM
So I watched a beautiful happy musical with my son yesterday, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

So you watched a terrible movie?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.