FunkMonk

Daniel Day-Lewis is Lincoln :

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Ed Anger

I noticed on Netfux there was a AH knockoff zombie movie. I wanted to rush to gamestop and start randomly punching nerds.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 07, 2012, 08:11:36 PM
I noticed on Netfux there was a AH knockoff zombie movie. I wanted to rush to gamestop and start randomly punching nerds.

Yeah i saw that last night as well :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Is that by that same studio that made Transmorphers? That crap fooled a buddy of mine years back.  :D

Viking

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 07, 2012, 08:14:29 PM
Is that by that same studio that made Transmorphers? That crap fooled a buddy of mine years back.  :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Asylum
The Asylum is an American film studio and distributor which focuses on producing low-budget, usually direct-to-video productions. The studio has produced titles that capitalize on productions by major studios; these titles have been dubbed "mockbusters" by the press.

I sort of want to watch "Snakes on a Train" and "Bikini Spring Break". I can sort of write the script by the titles... "get those motherfuckin' snakes off my motherfuckin' train!"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Scipio on August 07, 2012, 03:35:47 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 07, 2012, 03:24:15 PM
Watching Reaper. It isn't bad so far.
The TV show?  I thought it was hilarious.
The Devil is the most compelling character so far. 
PDH!

Josephus

So I decided not to listen to you guys :blush:

Way way worse than Lady in the Water. Wasn't even sure if this was supposed to be a comedy. The story in itself was alright. It was the way it was told, the script, the acting, the direction that messed it up.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on August 08, 2012, 07:20:12 AM
Way way worse than Lady in the Water.

Impossible. Even the worst film in existence doesn't merit a single "way", let alone two.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

I thought Lady was hokey but watchable. It got stupider as it went along. The Happening was painful from the get-go.

I'm beginning to think that really he's not that good a film maker. He lucked out with Sixth Sense, but that movie, once you get past the twist, was full of holes. In fact it was a decent movie until the twist, but then once you realized what Bruce Willis was, you realize...wait a minute, it makes no sense. You think that Bruce would have realized that "hey, my wife hasn't spoken to me in ages. Nobody seems to notice me anymore. I never get hungry or tired or go to the bathroom." Of course you didn't see the twist coming...BECAUSE it made no logical sense.

I actually think The Village was better. A bit cliched, once, again, once you get past that twist. Sort of a Lord of the Flies for adults.

Signs was campy. But OK. Unbreakable I don't remember much, but I think it was OK.

Went to see a movie he wrote called The Devil about a year ago. God.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Josephus on August 08, 2012, 07:20:12 AM
So I decided not to listen to you guys :blush:

Way way worse than Lady in the Water. Wasn't even sure if this was supposed to be a comedy. The story in itself was alright. It was the way it was told, the script, the acting, the direction that messed it up.

Are you eyein' my lemon drink?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Josephus on August 08, 2012, 08:41:32 AM
I thought Lady was hokey but watchable. It got stupider as it went along. The Happening was painful from the get-go.

I'm beginning to think that really he's not that good a film maker. He lucked out with Sixth Sense, but that movie, once you get past the twist, was full of holes. In fact it was a decent movie until the twist, but then once you realized what Bruce Willis was, you realize...wait a minute, it makes no sense. You think that Bruce would have realized that "hey, my wife hasn't spoken to me in ages. Nobody seems to notice me anymore. I never get hungry or tired or go to the bathroom." Of course you didn't see the twist coming...BECAUSE it made no logical sense.

Nah, that made sense.  The ghosts didn't have normal human appreciation of the progression of time and such.  They were basically living in a dreamlike fugue state.  This is explained in the film, and explicitly depicted with the other ghosts that Haley Joel sees.  Indeed, Willis is suggested to be special in that he has access to more robust mental faculties than the usual ghost--the others are all fucked up--even if in the end this doesn't leave him much better off.

Bear in mind I'll defend Sixth Sense wholesale.  It's a really well-done movie I think.

Unbreakable is alright too.

And then there are the rest. :bleeding:

The Happening is still better than Signs.  What an awful, awful movie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Quote from: Ideologue on August 08, 2012, 09:03:30 AM

Are you eyein' my lemon drink?

That wasn't even the worst line. I should have kept a notebook nearby to write them down. There were some amazing lines.

Drakken

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 07, 2012, 08:05:48 PM
Daniel Day-Lewis is Lincoln :

He's gonna drink the South's milkshake. SLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPP.