And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Drakken on August 03, 2012, 07:28:11 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 03, 2012, 04:02:41 PM
Almost done with the first season of X-files.  Gillian Anderson Is really, really hot.  David Dukunov or whatever is kinda annoying.

Then don't ever watch Californication, because your annoyance will skyrocket outside the atmosphere. He's basically playing himself on cocaine, booze, and pussy.

Props to him for Evolution, though, where he plays a Mulder parody quite solidly.  :lol:

Syt

I liked how they lampshaded his sex obsession repeatedly throughout the X-Files.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I've just found that "A Bridge Too Far" in full HD is available on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH0uC2XUuaA&feature=related
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2012, 04:51:23 AM
I liked how they lampshaded his sex obsession repeatedly throughout the X-Files.

I liked he one where he fucks an entomologist named Candy and Scully gets extremely jealous. I think that's the one with the alien cockroaches.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 04, 2012, 08:00:33 AM

I liked he one where he fucks an entomologist named Candy and Scully gets extremely jealous.

Yeah, see, if I were on that team, every episode would never get solved because I would be too busy pushing up on that redheaded sexpot's business suited ass.  Damn, she was fine back in the day.

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 04, 2012, 08:00:33 AM

I liked he one where he fucks an entomologist named Candy and Scully gets extremely jealous. I think that's the one with the alien cockroaches.  :lol:

I think her name was BAmbi or Bunny or something.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

A Polish Wedding.  Set in Detroit.  Lena Olin and a young Clare Danes look very fetching and the rest of the movie is a confused mess.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 04, 2012, 02:26:36 PM
Lena Olin

Hottie MILF traveling in Cougar Country right there.

FunkMonk

She was great in The Ninth Gate.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Didn't Lena Olin get assfucked in Enemies: A Love Story? Or did I just dream that?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

The remake of Total Recall.  Pretty bad.  I don't think I've ever seen a worse-paced theatrical release in my life.  At a hair over two hours, it feels longer than Dark Knight Rises.  Hell, it feels longer than Das Boot.

And where in God's name did the tunnel through the center of the Earth come from?  That's not in "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" afaik.  It's not in the Verhoven movie.

Was this an original script that someone decided to turn into a Total Recall remake?

This actually isn't a criticism, it lends itself to some neat visuals.  The movie is very impressively visually realized in its world and all that shit.  The problem is that's all it's got going for it, as if actual adults only worked on the CGI, while 12 year olds wrote the script, directed the actors, shot the scenes, and edited the movie, or as the case may be for editing, didn't.

P.S. if you have epilepsy, stay away from this bitch like the plague.
P.P.S. you know that fake-ass sound that action movies use to indicate two people punching each other, that sounds absolutely nothing like a human fist impacting a human body?  I hope you like it, you'll hear this sound approximately five thousand times.
P.P.P.S.: the guy playing the villain is probably much more entertaining if you're more familiar with Bryan Cranston from Malcolm in the Middle than you are Breaking Bad, which I am.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Quote from: Ideologue on August 04, 2012, 11:41:10 PM
P.P.S. you know that fake-ass sound that action movies use to indicate two people punching each other, that sounds absolutely nothing like a human fist impacting a human body?  I hope you like it, you'll hear this sound approximately five thousand times.

You mean like this? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlHrG919E3s
—Stephen Jay Gould