News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 11, 2012, 11:12:05 PM
Think I'll watch it this weekend. Thanks seedy.

Oh, and I liked Tree of Life kat  :mad:

You've shown to have poor judgement in past. :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PRC

The Mill and the Cross was a very neat film, very cool but definitely not for everyone.

Habsburg

omg. Peeps have seen The Mill and the Cross!  :wub:  I love u Languish.  And yes Graf von Geld, it should be be seen on a larger screen.

11B4V

:hmm: I didnt know SJ had some ink.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Didn't her tats come up in some earlier discussion?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on May 12, 2012, 05:39:48 AM

*shrugs*
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Viking

damn the english language and it's infinite euphemisms for breasts.... :glare:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Sure it was tats?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

In what sick world does Whitney get green-lit for a 2nd season?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Watched Warrior this AM.  A lot more than an MMA fight flick, a suprisingly sensitive drama.  Very well done, in the vein The Wrestler was very well done.
Joel Edgarton, Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte are excellent.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 10:57:26 PM
The best goddamned thing about Netflix is The Family Guy, South Park, and Star Trek: TOS on fucking tap, anytime, anywhere.

Real opinion or just picked those cause they are What Guys Are Supposed To Like?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 14, 2012, 09:53:24 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 10:57:26 PM
The best goddamned thing about Netflix is The Family Guy, South Park, and Star Trek: TOS on fucking tap, anytime, anywhere.

Real opinion or just picked those cause they are What Guys Are Supposed To Like?

I said the "best goddamned thing", not the "only goddamned thing."

And since when were you deputized with The Taste Police, bitch?

Malthus

Saw Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale. Interesting film about a revolt by a group of head-hunters living in the mountanous interior of Taiwan against their Japanese overlords in the early 1930s.

Most decapitations-per-movie ...  :D

Main compliant is that the director could not resist a certain amount of cheeziness - expect to see plenty 'o rainbows, for example. Also, the movie in NA was cut doun from two movies, leading to a certain amount of plot-hole-ness. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius