News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2012, 02:18:18 PM
You could watch Salo. "It's about those people who hide in a mansion and tell each other stories to pass the time."

is that any good, from an eroticism standpoint? I watched bits of it, and it seemed pretty gross and un-sexy.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I think Seedy would love it?

Like the scene where they feed the boys and girls dog food - and because one of them is enjoying it too much they put needles in it?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on May 09, 2012, 02:20:09 PM
Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2012, 02:18:18 PM
You could watch Salo. "It's about those people who hide in a mansion and tell each other stories to pass the time."

is that any good, from an eroticism standpoint? I watched bits of it, and it seemed pretty gross and un-sexy.

Bits of? That's like watching bits of katmai: of course it's gross and unsexy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

I went to Wikipedia to read about these movies.  It was enough.  You guys are sick.   :x
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

Community got a renewal. For 13 episodes. So did Parks & Rec.

They are considered 'Send off' seasons. Wrap 'em up and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Octavian

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 10, 2012, 07:41:29 PM

They are considered 'Send off' seasons. Wrap 'em up and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I guess that's a good thing. Troy and Abed are really starting to piss me off. I'll miss Pierce though.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Viking

With Community every season is a "Send Off" season.  :secret:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

I had no idea David Cronenberg is adapting Don DeLillo's Cosmopolis.

The Larch

So did 30 Rock, but with that one it is known that it'll be the last season. All NBC comedies got that treatment, so I'm slightly skeptic about thinking that they'll definitely be all last seasons.

Ed Anger

Your nerd show is DOOMED.

CountDeMoney

Gratuitous Community slutbump:

Ed Anger

Excuse me for about 20 minutes.

*logoff*
*unzip*

The Larch

Ed Anger

Meh. I can see better cheerleaders washing my car on weekends.