Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2012, 09:56:12 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 08, 2012, 07:23:04 PM
8.5 Hulk Punching Teammates out of 10.

I hope it was Scarlett.  That would get me hard.

You have some issues dude.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on May 08, 2012, 10:16:21 PM

You have some issues dude.

Yeah, well, they should've caught it when I'd let my Chewbacca action figure kill Han and rape Princess Leia in the back of the Millenium Falcon play set while Luke was forced to watch with broken legs.

BUT THEY DIDNT

Neil

Hey, I had the Millenium Falcon too!  Nobody ever got raped in mine.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on May 08, 2012, 10:39:13 PM
Hey, I had the Millenium Falcon too!  Nobody ever got raped in mine.

Lucastard.

Neil

Quote from: Habbaku on May 08, 2012, 10:13:38 PM
SJ as Fury just didn't do it for me, at various points.  He didn't really have that high-command gravitas except for the scenes when he was dealing with the council.  He grew on me as the movie progressed, but the earlier scenes had me wondering why everyone would take orders from a guy who just seemed gruff and mavericky.  More characterization could fix that, I suppose, but what's there was pretty meh.
Gruff and mavericky is what Fury was always about, but that goes back to his whole 'being a gruff, mavericky sergeant in WWII' thing, which doesn't translate as well to modern audiences.  The idea of a high commander has changed from Patton-esque when Fury became the head of SHIELD in the 60s and 70s to uninspiring corporate managers today.  Fury's a blast from the past every bit as much as Captain America.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I also don't see how Jackson as Fury is a casting problem. After all, the relaunched Ultimate Fury was modelled after him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Nick_Fury
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on May 08, 2012, 10:13:38 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 08, 2012, 07:27:52 PM
I have some annoyance with the casting decisions,

Curious as what they may be.

Scarlett Johannson as BW

I can agree with this one, was surprised when they tagged her for Iron Man II for the part. I know that at least one other actress was setup to do the part but bowed out.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Just ripped off four hours of catching up on The Killing.

Shit's getting real now.  Yowza.

The Larch

Re: The Avengers' casting and character development, IMO it is an issue if you watch it as a stand-alone film, but not if you consider it as a part of a whole series. For instance, BW gets introduced in Iron Man 2 and her background is given there. I can see how someone who hasn't watched that film might make an issue out of it if you see her for the first time in The Avengers.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2012, 10:15:03 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 08, 2012, 10:14:21 PM

The scene where she's tied up in the chair should've ended in Russian-Roulette-Bukkake.

OH FUCK DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THAT SEEING IT TOMORROW

Just in case you haven't seen it fast enough already...

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I have obtained the "unrated" version of Caligula. HEY HONEY, YOU LIKE ROMAN MOVIES?

:ph34r:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2012, 07:33:24 AM
Squee.

There's also a sorta King-Kong/Beauty and the Beast scene between her and Hulk, in case you're turned on by that too.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on May 09, 2012, 09:29:54 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2012, 07:33:24 AM
Squee.

There's also a sorta King-Kong/Beauty and the Beast scene between her and Hulk, in case you're turned on by that too.

:lol:

:huh:

:blush:

:ph34r:

viper37

Quote from: HVC on May 08, 2012, 07:26:58 PM
The Avengers was a pretty fun and incredibly funny movie, overall.  I have some annoyance with the casting decisions, but the movie works, as a whole.

Hulk was the best. both in hulk and banner form.
funny.  I thought he was the weakest of the bunch in Banner form.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.