News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

One other thing about Avengers: the jab at gypsies was uncalled for.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Brain on May 06, 2012, 12:59:23 PM
????? What jab, and why would it be uncalled for?
PDH!

The Brain

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 06, 2012, 01:31:36 PM

"-This is just like Budapest." (don't remember exact words)

It is racist.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Brain on May 06, 2012, 01:40:28 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 06, 2012, 01:31:36 PM

"-This is just like Budapest." (don't remember exact words)

It is racist.
Yes.  Outrageous.
PDH!

Razgovory

Been watching the Newer Futurama episodes.  I didn't care for the movies and the first two episodes were only fair, but after that the show really starts to come back.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

I just finished the House of Cards series off Netflix (thanks for the tip Viking). Outstanding stuff.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Yeah that Netflix is kinda nifty.  That's what I'm watching Futurama on.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on May 06, 2012, 08:55:22 PM
I just finished the House of Cards series off Netflix (thanks for the tip Viking). Outstanding stuff.

I wonder if it is on Netflix Canada. :hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

The best goddamned thing about Netflix is The Family Guy, South Park, and Star Trek: TOS on fucking tap, anytime, anywhere.

Habsburg

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 10:57:26 PM
The best goddamned thing about Netflix is The Family Guy, South Park, and Star Trek: TOS on fucking tap, anytime, anywhere.

Not. In. Canada. :weep:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

is John Carter worth seeing? Not been to the cinema for ages and am tempted.
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

X-Men First Class. Thumbs Up.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on May 07, 2012, 02:57:54 AM
is John Carter worth seeing? Not been to the cinema from ages and am tempted.

The only thing that makes it watchable is knowing the plot in the book and re-cutting the movie in your own head filling in all the gaps, removing all the shit that fucks up the plot. If they had only stayed true to A Princess of Mars then they might have had a chance.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Tyr on May 07, 2012, 02:57:54 AM
is John Carter worth seeing? Not been to the cinema for ages and am tempted.
I liked it a lot actually.  It was a fun, summer popcorn flick.  I hadn't read the books prior, and I've only recently begun the omnibus I bought with the first 3 collected together, so I can't say how it compares.  I saw it in the traditional format, not 3D, and thought it was quite good as it was.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."