TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

:rolleyes:

Yeah, the picture of the six year old really makes the case.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on April 25, 2012, 04:39:18 PM
You trolling  a site called childstarlets.com??  :hmm:

LOL

Found: tracking cookie.FlowersByIrene.txt

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quickie reviews of recent viewings

Hugo - meh. Scorsese has gone all Ken Burns again. They shouldn't let him make documentaries, it has had a crap effect on his movies, what with the documentaries happening in the middle (see "Gangs of New York" for previous docu-itis from Marty.)

6.5 Borats who so badly want to be Peter Sellers, that it's depressing, out of 10

Mandrill

Wanna be 70's grindhouse Chilean flick... tries way too hard, and has a giant romance that stomps all over any coolness it builds up in during all the cool gangster references, and forces you into a trance until the disco music stops.

5.5 Carl Yastremski Sideburnses over white suits outta 10

:p

CountDeMoney

I forgot to tell you guys this

So I fall asleep on the sofa the other night;  it was cold from the Nor'easter, and I was far too comfy in front of the fireplace...of course, I was watching TiVo, and when it's over it times out to the FIOS, which was left on SkineMax or something.

Anyway, I start to have these most incredibly fucked up dreams with this godawful music and plot, the kind you try to wake from but can't, and I eventually stir round quarter to 5 in the morning, and it's Paul fucking Williams in Phantom of The Paradise, a god-forsaken "rock opera" rip-off of Phantom of the Opera meets Faustus circa 1974.

Oh dear Christ, what a steaming pile of low-budget, pre-disco glam rock, post-Vietnam analog atrocity that Brian de Palma had to be on an angel dust bender to generate, the likes of which elevates the production value of KISS Meets the Phantom of The Park to Golden Globe heights.  It was as if David Bowie and Meatloaf decided, hey, let's binge on Quaaludes and frozen burritos for three days, and eagerly precision shit in each others' mouths.

And lo, here's a taste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pa56msnwIY&feature=related

Oh fuck, was that shit bad.  I mean, really bad.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2012, 08:58:57 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 25, 2012, 06:01:57 AM
How can she be so perfect. :wub:

I would kill any of you for a chance at that.  Fuck it, all of you.

I'd kill all of you for pretty much anybody.  In fact, my plan to kill all men above 4'6" is proceeding apace and should deal with pretty much everybody but katmai.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2012, 10:49:06 PM
Oh dear Christ, what a steaming pile of low-budget, pre-disco glam rock, post-Vietnam analog atrocity that Brian de Palma had to be on an angel dust bender to generate, the likes of which elevates the production value of KISS Meets the Phantom of The Park to Golden Globe heights.  It was as if David Bowie and Meatloaf decided, hey, let's binge on Quaaludes and frozen burritos for three days, and eagerly precision shit in each others' mouths.

Wait, Bowie AND Meatloaf?  OMFG.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on April 25, 2012, 11:17:12 PM
I'd kill all of you for pretty much anybody.

Nigga, puhleeze.

You get used to it.  Pretty soon, it's like all the other pursuits of youth: relegated to fond remembrances.  The dew upon the sunflower.  The stale cold smell of the morning.  All that shit.

Razgovory

I won't kill any of you. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Josephus on April 25, 2012, 12:29:45 PM
I've never seen or heard of her till now either. My excuse is that I'm an old fart. I still wank to my Farrah Fawcett poster.

Farrah was a touch old for me.  I had the Heather Thomas pink bikini poster in my room.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TX9FMYMpAj4/TfmCWjci1PI/AAAAAAAABts/CyU2qPcr3Z4/s1600/10102728A%257EHeather-Thomas-Posters.jpg

sbr

Quote from: Viking on April 25, 2012, 03:43:51 PM

yeah... she used to be soooo fat....

Too old, too fat. /siege

The Larch

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 25, 2012, 03:13:18 PM
:jaron:

Scarlett has always been on the plump side.  She's a rail in that pic.

Starring in a set of blockbuster action movies has its consequences.