Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 28, 2012, 11:14:11 AM
I've basically stopped watching Community because I know it is gonna get cancelled. Might as well not invest my limited time to waste on it anymore.

:unsure:

1 That's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
2 It doesn't even make sense, as the episodes are self-contained and there's very little overall arc. Enjoyment of one episode isn't dependent on the ones before or after it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Holy crap, only I can save a struggling tv show. I AM A GOD.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

choose carefully though. For every tv show you save you start a forest fire :contract:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Darth Wagtaros

30 Rock was good. Not as good as last week though.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on April 28, 2012, 12:51:39 PM
choose carefully though. For every tv show you save you start a forest fire :contract:

I'd bring back Cop Rock.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 28, 2012, 01:37:06 PM

I'd bring back Cop Rock.

Don't say it if you don't mean it!

QuoteCommunity News
The network has moved the struggling sitcom's season finale to May sweeps — May 17 to be exact — and added another new episode to precede the hour-long back-to-back episodes that make up the finale
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Community has lost some of it's original charm, but....Alison Brie.  :wub:

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 28, 2012, 01:42:03 PM

I'd bring back Cop Rock.

QuoteCommunity News
The network has moved the struggling sitcom's season finale to May sweeps — May 17 to be exact — and added another new episode to precede the hour-long back-to-back episodes that make up the finale

Since apparently I am the god of tv show cancellations, I'd cancel all Seth mcfarlane shows, pretend to bring firefly back and renew NCIS for eternity.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 28, 2012, 01:44:59 PM
Community has lost some of it's original charm, but....Alison Brie.  :wub:

So, which is hotter, Annie or Trudy?  :hmm:

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 28, 2012, 01:51:05 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 28, 2012, 01:42:03 PM

I'd bring back Cop Rock.

QuoteCommunity News

NCIS for eternity.

If only they were actually like their tv show. :lol:

Bunch of pencil push jerk offs
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Darth Wagtaros

Hunger Games. Wasn't bad.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol- Nicely done. The plot, while implausible, manages to remain mostly unobtrusive. So your focus is mainly on the action. Which is how it should be.

jimmy olsen

Saw Avengers today.

The action was great and the Hulk surprisingly funny. The banter between Stark and Cap was amusing.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on April 28, 2012, 07:59:00 PM
If only they were actually like their tv show. :lol:

Bunch of pencil push jerk offs

No kidding.  One of the guys I work with, his wife (2nd, of course) is an NCIS investigator.  Ain't never seen a boat, either.

Said it's just like any other bullshit LEO, the only benefit is you're a civilian in a rank organization, and therefore can get away with being a dickhead.