And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

It's OK.  Powers accepts your apology.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Whelp, Christopher Nolan just guaranteed The Avengers will break all sorts of records, now that he's confirmed the 3rd official The Dark Knight Rises trailer will be attached to the film.

I am loathe to use this smiley, but in this case:  :mmm:

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2012, 04:50:07 PM
Whelp, Christopher Nolan just guaranteed The Avengers will break all sorts of records, now that he's confirmed the 3rd official The Dark Knight Rises trailer will be attached to the film.

It's bound to be shit, how can you beat:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Quote from: mongers on April 23, 2012, 07:27:12 PM

God that show was good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2012, 07:51:17 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 23, 2012, 07:27:12 PM

God that show was good.

Yeah, but now I'm going to have find some way of watching some over the next few days.

CountDeMoney

Nothing like putting that part of the opening credits with Diana Rigg tossing her hair in that come-hither-and-do-me-doggy-style on a constant loop.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2012, 08:14:57 PM
Nothing like putting that part of the opening credits with Diana Rigg tossing her hair in that come-hither-and-do-me-doggy-style on a constant loop.

:cool:

garbon

Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2012, 10:53:17 PM
Leaving aside Berk's fondness for YA books...

Girls

Seems like Sex and the City turned on its head and forced to confront the Lower East Side / Brooklyn. Only making the Sex and the City reference as the first episode makes one itself. But yeah seems interested in portraying the less glamorous New York life of the 20-something who can't afford nice things.  Will have to see how it develops.  Not sure if it'll have mass appeal as once quipped "if you aren't wearing something the kids can't afford, how will they know to look up to you."

So I might be a fan. 2nd episode was fine despite learning that the Girls (or Ladies) do in fact live in Greenpoint.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Avengers is tracking well, 32/33 reviews positive.

www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_the_avengers/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

See that explosion in the background? It is caused by the millions of simultaneous erections of every man (and a few women) watching the movie.

Grey Fox

How can she be so perfect. :wub:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Going to watch it tomorrow. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on April 25, 2012, 06:17:09 AM
Going to watch it tomorrow. :)

I'll go over the weekend, most probably.  :w00t:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 25, 2012, 06:01:57 AM
How can she be so perfect. :wub:

I would kill any of you for a chance at that.  Fuck it, all of you.