And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2012, 09:59:46 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 27, 2012, 09:27:55 AM
Mad Men introduced a new character, from Quebec, so Slate had to run an article on Quebec's swearing to help Mad Men fans :)
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/03/26/calice_and_more_french_canadian_swearing_on_mad_men.html

She has no accent on the show.  :huh:
She sings a French song in the episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngf2zHq4FEI

derspiess

So my 4-year old likes watching Mr. Bean, somewhat to my surprise.  I have to explain some things to him but he's totally into it.  Turns out there's also a Mr. Bean cartoon on Netflix.

Problem is, he doesn't realize Blackadder is a different show :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

Anyone else think Shameless (US) hasn't been as good as last year? Wonder if they strayed from the British one. Last year they were almost identical.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on March 27, 2012, 02:06:58 PM
Problem is, he doesn't realize Blackadder is a different show :lol:

:lol:

"Daddy, why is Edmund retarded?"
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Drakken

Quote from: Phillip V on March 27, 2012, 12:41:54 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2012, 04:33:50 PM
Watched the Mad Men season opener last night. 

Did the red headed hottie really put on 300 pounds or is she swaddled in pillows?
Picture from earlier this month.

I'd hit that ass with a paddle all night long. :perv:

11B4V

Quote from: Drakken on March 27, 2012, 11:12:11 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 27, 2012, 12:41:54 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2012, 04:33:50 PM
Watched the Mad Men season opener last night. 

Did the red headed hottie really put on 300 pounds or is she swaddled in pillows?
Picture from earlier this month.

YOU GOT THAT DAWG
FIRE IN THE HOLE
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

I see it.  I like it.

Bet you didn't see that one coming.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Yowza.  I thought she was hot in the show.  That's my type of woman.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Josephus on March 27, 2012, 09:48:55 PM
Anyone else think Shameless (US) hasn't been as good as last year? Wonder if they strayed from the British one. Last year they were almost identical.

I think it's better. It's different from the UK one in lots of ways. But essentially the people have kind of the same arcs (the details being very different) so far.
:p

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on March 27, 2012, 11:12:11 PM

Busty.  Curvy.  Amen, bro.

Syt

I've recently been caught up in watching QI. I'm up to season 5 now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

With my kid learning more and more words almost every single day, one of the things he can now tell us are what some of his favourite shows are.

And apparently his favourite show, by a lot, is Toopie and Binoo.  And he's learned that through the power of yuotube and PVRs, any computer or the tv can show Toopie and Binoo at any time of day.  :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on March 28, 2012, 02:09:22 PM
With my kid learning more and more words almost every single day, one of the things he can now tell us are what some of his favourite shows are.

And apparently his favourite show, by a lot, is Toopie and Binoo.  And he's learned that through the power of yuotube and PVRs, any computer or the tv can show Toopie and Binoo at any time of day.  :bleeding:

Oh lords, is that show irritating.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

My kid has seen every Max & Ruby episode like 1000 times.  And he wants to keep watching it :frusty:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2012, 03:15:27 PM
My kid has seen every Max & Ruby episode like 1000 times.  And he wants to keep watching it :frusty:

Those are the rabbits, right?  My nieces love those fuckers.  I want to see them splattered with a shotgun.