TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Fuh-fuh-fuh-fuh-fuh-fuh-fuh-fuck you.  :moon:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on March 26, 2012, 09:38:29 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 26, 2012, 09:37:53 PM
Fact: Ashley Greene is the great white hotness.

I might finally agree with you on something.

That one does clean up nice.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 26, 2012, 11:38:25 PM
Fuh-fuh-fuh-fuh-fuh-fuh-fuh-fuck you.  :moon:

I'm the modern prometheus.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

I googled Ashley Greene, don't recognize her from Twilight.  The vampire pitcher?

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2012, 12:17:22 AM
I googled Ashley Greene, don't recognize her from Twilight.  The vampire pitcher?

You watched Twilight??

Fag
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

I turned away from the screen every time the Indian boys came on in their cutoff jeans.

Eddie Teach

She plays a hottie lesbian on Pan Am.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2012, 12:27:52 AM
I turned away from the screen every time the Indian boys came on in their cutoff jeans.

LIAR.... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 27, 2012, 12:45:37 AM
She plays a hottie lesbian on Pan Am.

Nobody told me about that.  :mad:

Eddie Teach

Luther- good show, needs longer seasons. 4 episodes in season 2?  :rolleyes:

And to the person who was arguing that Brit shows don't have high turnover(think it was Viking), they replaced his boss between those short seasons.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Mad Men introduced a new character, from Quebec, so Slate had to run an article on Quebec's swearing to help Mad Men fans :)
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/03/26/calice_and_more_french_canadian_swearing_on_mad_men.html
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on March 27, 2012, 09:27:55 AM
Mad Men introduced a new character, from Quebec, so Slate had to run an article on Quebec's swearing to help Mad Men fans :)
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/03/26/calice_and_more_french_canadian_swearing_on_mad_men.html

She has no accent on the show.  :huh:

Josephus

I think she does. It's subtle, but it's there.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2012, 09:59:46 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 27, 2012, 09:27:55 AM

She has no accent on the show.  :huh:
I don't watch Mad Men.  This 60s stuff... but maybe I should take a look at Jessica Paré :)

Her father is a university teacher at McGill, wich might help explains why her accent is subtle.  Also, it's not her first english speaking tv show/movie.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2012, 04:33:50 PM
Watched the Mad Men season opener last night. 

Did the red headed hottie really put on 300 pounds or is she swaddled in pillows?
Picture from earlier this month.