News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Phillip V on March 11, 2012, 12:30:32 PM
"My Best Friend's Wedding" turned out charmingly good. Watch it. :)

:bleeding:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 11, 2012, 12:36:13 PM
I think Dale made some valid arguments, at least from an ethical point of view.

Sure but it is too academic.  It isn't about redefining humanity (or casting it all aside) but rather re-defining us vs. them.  Dale's arguments lead you to wind up being dead or finding life not worth living in a world where morality has shifted.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 11, 2012, 12:36:13 PM
Bah, that kid was a piece of shit teenybopper from the beginning.  I USED TO MESS AROUND ON THE INTERNET AN EVERYTHING

Yeah, I want that kid of moron laying down covering fire for me.  Kid like that's going to be attracted to a crew like his, where he can run around shooting and raping, because that's what 15 year old idiots with no law get off on.  There's no place for a guy like that.

Although, I do blame Rick for not pulling the trigger on him.  Should've left his ass impaled on the fence as bait.

edit: ask yourself this:  would you want Jaron and Fireblade circa '03 on that farm with you?  I REST MY CASE

Oh I largely agree and think they do have to kill the kid off...but also because after what they've put him through there is 0% chance that he'd want to help them.  Chances weren't good that he'd be useful before, but there is certainly no chance now.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

It did not turn out charmingly good, or good or even charmingly bad. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 11, 2012, 02:10:46 PM
It did not turn out charmingly good, or good or even charmingly bad. :contract:

It is one of my favorite romantic comedies. :angry:

CountDeMoney

Walking Dead.

Looks like the Shane Situation was resolved the only way it could be.  Shame, as he was a definite tactical asset.   Too bad he went off the reservation, but two murders and lying about it was enough.

Neil

Saw John Carter yesterday.  It was quite good, and very striking in 3D, even if it was too bright for Mars and the moons were the wrong shape.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 10:52:01 AM
Walking Dead.

Looks like the Shane Situation was resolved the only way it could be.  Shame, as he was a definite tactical asset.   Too bad he went off the reservation, but two murders and lying about it was enough.
although they ensure that teh rest of the season will be a rick pity fest. god i hate him so.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Quote from: HVC on March 12, 2012, 11:22:27 AM
Walking Dead.

although they ensure that teh rest of the season will be a rick pity fest. god i hate him so.

Uh rest of season is 1 episode and kinda busy with swarm of walkers now aren't they?

Dumb eggplant.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on March 12, 2012, 11:24:18 AM
Quote from: HVC on March 12, 2012, 11:22:27 AM
Walking Dead.

Uh rest of season is 1 episode and kinda busy with swarm of walkers now aren't they?

Dumb eggplant.
fine, the next season half season will be a pity fest :P

Also, these stupid "half seasons" are annoying.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

katmai

It is the cable networks way of spreading out short orders of 10-13 episodes.

I blame the British.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on March 12, 2012, 11:31:37 AM
I blame the British.
They truly are the cause of much misery :( :D

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on March 12, 2012, 11:29:29 AM
fine, the next season half season will be a pity fest :P

Also, these stupid "half seasons" are annoying.

Two things:
1) Season 3 is slated to be a full 16 episodes.  No more halfsies.

2) They've cast David Morrissey as The Governor for Season 3.  Now, I've never read the graphic novels but from what I understand, that is a very, very bad thing indeed.

Scipio

Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2012, 11:12:22 AM
Saw John Carter yesterday.  It was quite good, and very striking in 3D, even if it was too bright for Mars and the moons were the wrong shape.
I saw it in 2d.  Good movie.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

FunkMonk

Walking Dead.

Shane was my favorite character.  :(

Though he did takes things too far. In the end he's essentially trying to steal Rick's life. WTF?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.