News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 29, 2012, 08:09:34 PM
I've never fully understood what movie critics and Languish think is so great about that movie.  :P

I don't get it either. 

Only part I really liked was when The Polish Seducer snipped Jack's nostril.  No American would ever think to snip a guy's nostril.

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2012, 08:04:49 PM
Quote from: Liep on February 29, 2012, 07:42:16 PM
Chinatown. First time I've seen it and now can not explain or justify why that is. Excellent.

Jesus H Christ, Liep.  Better late than ever, I suppose.
Indeed.  Brilliant film.  Nicholson and Dunaway (:wub:) at their best.

Easy A.  We were talking about Mean Girls.  One thing led to another and my night ended with me singing along to Simple Minds :Embarrass:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Watched Aliens again last night.  Decided it's better then the first one.  Won't be watching Aliens 3 or Aliens regurgitation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on February 29, 2012, 08:56:05 PM
Watched Aliens again last night.  Decided it's better then the first one.  Won't be watching Aliens 3 or Aliens regurgitation.
It's better in some ways, less good in others.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Two very different movies. The first was gothic horror, which I can take or leave. The second sci-fi action, which I like.  Machine guns make movies better.

Aliens 3, 4 and the spinoffs and crossovers are crap.
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Neil on February 29, 2012, 09:08:07 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 29, 2012, 08:56:05 PM
It's better in some ways, less good in others.

Yeah, it's different.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Yeah.  Alien is one of my favourite films though, I think the atmosphere it gets is just incredible.

Tony Manero.  Good film.  Very controlled portrait of a sociopath.  Difficult to watch at times.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

I never got the hate over Alien 3. I liked it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 29, 2012, 08:09:34 PM
I've never fully understood what movie critics and Languish think is so great about that movie.  :P

From a screenplay perspective, it's considered perfect.  Sorta like how people consider Poe's Raven the perfect poem.

It's an aesthetic thing, you wouldn't understand.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on February 29, 2012, 10:02:32 PM

Cheapo production, 3 foot Alien models.

Lame re-use of Sigourney drifting through space story line.

Dull and uninteresting prison planet setting.

Sigourney bravely shoving Alien embryo back in her chest one of the top 10 stupidest movie scenes of all time.

Neil

Quote from: Zoupa on February 29, 2012, 10:02:32 PM
I don't hate it, but I feel that it doesn't live up to its predecessors, and is also cruel.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Watched 'The Hunted' with Tommy Lee Jones, some italian named guy and an attractive FBI agent. - Passable thriller with a message CdM might approve of.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Benicio del Toro is Italian? :hmm:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on February 29, 2012, 10:45:37 PM
No mongers is an idiota.

I've got it!  As soon as they straighten out their dental issues (har har) we can start slagging them about crappiness with foreign languages.  :)