News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Awake was weird.  Ok but hard to follow, mostly because its hard to care.
PDH!

Josquius

QuoteJust finished watching the pilot episode of Awake on Hulu. The show doesn't actually premiere until tomorrow night (March 1st), but they gave a full preview of it ahead of time.
I remember seeing a trailer for that absolutely ages ago....thought it had been out already. Shall investigate!
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Goon was surprisingly good.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

Easy A. Lead actress was hot, talented and funny. Supporting cast was good except for the religious nuts who were charactarized beyond the funny.

7 slutty outfits for Emma Stone out of 10.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Neil

Quote from: Zoupa on February 28, 2012, 10:46:44 AM
Non mon ami. I'm not a big fan of blood and gore, I just didn't feel engaged by any of the characters.

Since the source material is supposedly quite good, I blame poor acting skills.
The source material isn't really that great.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Scipio on February 29, 2012, 07:07:20 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 29, 2012, 05:32:40 AM
Saw Lawrence of Arabia on TMC tonight.  TMC being TMC, they left the musical interlude and the entre 'e acte in.

Best.  Movie.  Ever.

Good man.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Liep on February 29, 2012, 08:49:07 AM
Easy A. Lead actress was hot, talented and funny. Supporting cast was good except for the religious nuts who were charactarized beyond the funny.

7 slutty outfits for Emma Stone out of 10.
I love Stanley Tucci in that.  I think it's probably the best high school comedy since Mean Girls.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

High school comedies just ain't as fun as they used to be.  :cry:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

They cancelled Hijinx of the Masses  :(
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on February 29, 2012, 04:42:53 AM
Just finished watching the pilot episode of Awake on Hulu. The show doesn't actually premiere until tomorrow night (March 1st), but they gave a full preview of it ahead of time.

The basic situation is that a detective (Jason Isaacs--Lucius Malfoy, Colonel Tavington) gets into a car wreck with both his wife and son as passengers. He awakens from the wreck to find one of them dead and the other alive and proceeds with his life. The only trouble? Every time he goes to sleep, he wakes up with the deceased/living reversed.

In addition to the topsy-turvy situations that's creating with the psychiatrists he's being forced to go to in each reality, he also has different partners and different cases...only, information from a case in one world is starting to bleed over in small ways into the other.

I thought it was excellent for a pilot and can only hope that the rest of the season holds up to the standard.

Amusingly, the first episode is directed by the same guy that directed one of the Twilight movies. Wut.

Fortunately, the showrunner is none other than Howard Gordon--one of the main writers/showrunners of Homeland.

I saw an ad for it the other day.  It looks cool, but I was surprised that it was a TV show, not a movie.  I'm not sure the premise has the stamina for that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 29, 2012, 03:34:40 PM
I saw an ad for it the other day.  It looks cool, but I was surprised that it was a TV show, not a movie.  I'm not sure the premise has the stamina for that.

Yeah, it struck me the same way.  Even though he'll be doing stuff like different cases with different partners in each consciousness, after a while it'd be like, Oh it's Tuesday, I get the wife today.

mongers

Still watching old movies not so good on Netflicks, though I thought 'The Contract' with Morgan Freeman and John Cusack was passable.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Chinatown. First time I've seen it and now can not explain or justify why that is. Excellent.

9 legendary movie quotes I've never fully understood till now out of 10.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on February 29, 2012, 07:42:16 PM
Chinatown. First time I've seen it and now can not explain or justify why that is. Excellent.

Jesus H Christ, Liep.  Better late than ever, I suppose.

Eddie Teach

I've never fully understood what movie critics and Languish think is so great about that movie.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?