News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 23, 2012, 07:51:52 AM
Exosquad did the bridge eating people thing better.

I didn't like how they pussied out with Duke "going into a coma."  Transformers killed Prime in the first ten minutes.  G.I. Joe just put Duke in the hospital.  To sufficiently up the ante, Serpentor should have sodomized him with that snake or something.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Exosquad wasted main characters throughout the war.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I don't know what Exosquad is.  I guess it involves a squad.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

katmai

God Wags and Ide should be sent to North korea.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Darth Wagtaros

I know its not as good as whatever indie gay cowboys eating poo stuff you are working these days bluto, but I do have some fond memories of it from when I was a kid.
PDH!

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on February 23, 2012, 06:34:23 PM
I don't know what Exosquad is.  I guess it involves a squad.

Pretty good show when I was a kid.  Very violent.  I am afraid to watch it again.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on February 23, 2012, 05:57:43 PM
I'm shocked that a Hungarian was affluent.  I guess you save up a lot of money when you only bittorrent movies and games.

Affluence is relative, having borders with serbia, romania, slovakia and the Gypsie Horde should make you feel at least middle class about your country.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Howl's Moving Castle. It was ok.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

I liked Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service better.
PDH!

garbon

Really it's all dominated by Princess M. Billy Bob and Minnie Driver?!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Saw an episode of Luck.  Couldn't understand a line of dialogue, but I did like the little Irish jock.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Ideologue on February 23, 2012, 06:00:01 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 23, 2012, 07:51:52 AM
Exosquad did the bridge eating people thing better.

I didn't like how they pussied out with Duke "going into a coma."  Transformers killed Prime in the first ten minutes.  G.I. Joe just put Duke in the hospital.  To sufficiently up the ante, Serpentor should have sodomized him with that snake or something.
If I remember correctly, Duke was supposed to die as well, but after the backlash from Optimus dying in the earlier released Transformers flick, they changed it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue