News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: The Brain on February 18, 2012, 04:43:17 PM
Second season was OK in its way, I mean I understand that they wanted to do something a bit new with the port and shit but who cares about white niggas? Black people is where it's at.

Frank Sobotka is a working class hero.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on February 18, 2012, 06:07:20 PM
Quote from: The Brain on February 18, 2012, 04:43:17 PM
Second season was OK in its way, I mean I understand that they wanted to do something a bit new with the port and shit but who cares about white niggas? Black people is where it's at.

Frank Sobotka is a working class hero.
Yeah.  I think the second season's my favourite.  It's like an elegy for the working class.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Second season sounds a bit like the old German tv show "St. Pauli Landungsbrücken" which ran 1979-1982 and focused on the lives of the average blue collar joe in Hamburg's harbor area.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

The Dark Knight 30 Rock was pretty good.
PDH!

LaCroix

i really enjoyed the second season, and i understood the point of the fifth season

and i don't mean 30 rock  :P

Josephus

Good Will Hunting. It's always been on my "must get around to watching that someday" list....well yesterday was that day. Good film.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

I watched the last two episodes of Sherlock. I didn't like the first so took my time to get around for it.
Its...interesting how a lot of the little things I noticed as weird ended up being big clues at the end. Like the guy calling his phone a 'cell', that had me scratching my head and going 'wait...is that normal with people down south these days? Has American influence got so bad?', but no, it was because the guy was involved in the dodgyness and had spent time in the US.

I also watched the first episode of Grimm. It was pretty generic but quite decent.

As a guilty pleasure I sometimes watch Take Me Out. Its amusing to see the dregs of society at work. It was quite funny in some really nerdy guy somehow getting a date with a hot black girl. I will be watching again just to see how it went....its not like I give it my full attention! I just watch it when doing other things! But still....yeah.....shame.

Friday night I saw a film called Due Date. I was a bit distracted at the time but I found it thoroughly lame. So dull and by the book. Amusing how the lead guy has started to make quite a career for himself as a comic though, I remember him from Tru Calling (awesome show).
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

Has anyone seen Episode I in 3D yet?  I have a pass for a free movie and am oddly tempted to watch it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Liep

Watched the first two episodes of BBC's Luther. Stringer Bell is back, on the good side this time, but more troubled.

I dig Netflix.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

About time Rick and Lori had that talk about Shane.  Shane's off the fucking hook.

Zomnbiepocalyse or no, nothing fucks up friendships and group dynamics more than pussy.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 12:16:41 AM
About time Rick and Lori had that talk about Shane.  Shane's off the fucking hook.

Zomnbiepocalyse or no, nothing fucks up friendships and group dynamics more than pussy.

There be some hotties on that show. Lori has cankles though. Still a hottie.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 19, 2012, 10:46:22 PM
Has anyone seen Episode I in 3D yet?  I have a pass for a free movie and am oddly tempted to watch it.

Word is it's pretty bad. :hmm:

And I mean the 3D is supposed to suck.  The movie was unlikely to be better thirteen years later.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Ideologue on February 20, 2012, 02:42:58 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 19, 2012, 10:46:22 PM

Word is it's pretty bad. :hmm:

And I mean the 3D is supposed to suck.  The movie was unlikely to be better thirteen years later.
Ouch.  Yeah, I presumed the actual story and related awfulness would remain untouched, despite Lucas' obsession with tinkering with things.  Apparently he only "fixes" things that aren't broken to begin with.  Idiot.  I had hoped though, that he would at least be on the cutting edge of 3D remake technology, even if he went overboard with it as he loves to do with every new technique it seems.  Oh well.  The pass expires at the end of the month, so I might still go.  If it's truly terrible, I can walk out without the pang of having wasted a fair chunk of money on it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 20, 2012, 03:05:15 AM
Ouch.  Yeah, I presumed the actual story and related awfulness would remain untouched, despite Lucas' obsession with tinkering with things.  Apparently he only "fixes" things that aren't broken to begin with.  Idiot.  I had hoped though, that he would at least be on the cutting edge of 3D remake technology, even if he went overboard with it as he loves to do with every new technique it seems.  Oh well.  The pass expires at the end of the month, so I might still go.  If it's truly terrible, I can walk out without the pang of having wasted a fair chunk of money on it.

You know, for all the tinkering Lucas has done with his films, at least he hasn't matched Spielberg for idiocy.

I mean, remember when he re-edited E.T., and removed the guns and shotguns from the hands of the FBI at the end of the film during the chase?  He didn't want the FBI to seem too threatening to a bunch of children.

Dude, it's the FBI.  In reality, they'd definitely bring shotguns to a bicycle chase with 10 year olds and a harmless alien.  They're the FBI.  That's why the FBI has the reputation it does.

I'm waiting for when he redoes Schindler's List, and replaces all the MP-44s with accordions.

Neil

I think he wants to maintain the impression that the SS was threatening to children.  He's not going to kiss up to the SS like he would the FBI.  If you look at the real life FBI's response plan for 'Ten-year old kids riding bikes with a harmless alien', you'd see 'Blast 'em with a LAW'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.