News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Lebanon.  Incredible film.  Very highly recommended.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 17, 2012, 04:04:35 PM

That the movie about the Israeli tank crew?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on February 17, 2012, 04:13:59 PM

Yeah.

I think it's my favourite of the recent, brilliant, Israeli films about the Lebanon War.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Caught the last 15 minutes of last week's The Walking Dead.

Man, it was so damned awesome to see Rick fucking pull the trigger on that shit.  Now that's the Rick I've expected to see since the beginning of the series.

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2012, 11:01:32 PM
Man, it was so damned awesome to see Rick fucking pull the trigger on that shit.  Now that's the Rick I've expected to see since the beginning of the series.

Now that that episode has aired and been talked about so much, it won't spoil anything to relate that the comics are very much about the progressively murky steps that Rick takes/is willing to take to secure safety for his family and group.

In other words...I'm looking forward to how season 3 shakes out.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

You adopting the Yi Method?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 18, 2012, 02:07:54 AM

You adopting the Yi Method?

I see you don't read threads.

Eddie Teach

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on February 17, 2012, 04:13:59 PM

Yeah, caught that this AM when I couldn't sleep.  Very good flick.

Josephus

We Need to Talk About Kevin.

No, we don't. Well not really. I found the first 40 minutes almost painful. Got marginally better as it went on.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

LaCroix

the descendants. why is george clooney's character such a bitch? i stopped halfway through, couldn't finish it

The Brain

Finished The Wire. A good show, not the kind with the highest peaks but generally good solid stuff.

First season was good. Second season was OK in its way, I mean I understand that they wanted to do something a bit new with the port and shit but who cares about white niggas? Black people is where it's at. Third season was good, among other things because the audience got to see a bit more of why Avon was an important part of the Stringer-Avon team. Fourth season was great I think, the kid angle worked and there was little dead time. In the fifth season things were getting OTT, even though the shark wasn't quite jumped.

Slim Charles is totally awesome. My nigga.
Stringer is so dreamy. :wub: I also like how he's not some über dude but encounters his limits.
Bodie is allright.
Carver reminds me so much of an old army buddy.
Omar is good, even though they go a bit too far with him for my taste.
Avon is OK, but we don't get to see what he brings to the table much until season three. In season one it's not very apparent why he is the boss.
Chris is great.

The one thing in the show that was really bad was the cartoon character that appeared. I am of course talking about Brother Mouzone. Every other character was reasonably believable for a TV show but he simply did not belong in it. Too bad they let him stink up an important scene with Stringer and Omar.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".