News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Jumping The Broom.

I am so fascinated by the labyrinthine complexities and paradoxes of Dazzling Urbanite inter-familial/romantic dynamics.

viper37

Arthur

Russel Brand's accent was a tad difficult for me, but I think I got the gist of it...  If you don't know already, it's a remake from a 1981 movie, it's about a billionaire playboy being offered the choice of marrying a bitch, or losing his trust fund and going with the girl he really loves.
It's actually kinda funny for this type of movie. :)

Walking dead... back from the dead tonight.  Judging from the synopsis of the next 2 episodes, I think they'll be following in the same tone as the last ep' we saw.  Should be good :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

I wish Russel Brand would wander into a Marine live fire exercise.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on February 12, 2012, 03:03:24 PM
If you don't know already, it's a remake from a 1981 movie,

Young people suck.

Razgovory

Someone remade the Dudley Moore film?  Why would you do that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Shit. Only one even somewhat worth watching is The Santa Claus movie.

The remake of Bedazzled kicked the ass of the original.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Liz Hurley was the sexiest Satan ever.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on February 12, 2012, 03:03:24 PM
Walking dead... back from the dead tonight.  Judging from the synopsis of the next 2 episodes, I think they'll be following in the same tone as the last ep' we saw.  Should be good :)

I really think Shane's gonna lose it soon.  He's halfway there already.

Josephus

Watched The Actor. Meh.
While I appreciated the basic theme about people refusing to accept that technology is leaving them behind ( I work in newspapers after all), I thought that the movie's selling point,  the fact that it was b/w and silent was it's only decent feature, and that wore thin after half an hour.
Not saying it was bad, worth watching, but not worth half the hype it's getting.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on February 12, 2012, 05:10:26 PM
( I work in newspapers after all)

Hook me up with a crime beat, man.  I can work the blotter.

Drakken

Found the whole 1981 BBC TV series The Borgias on Youtube. :perv:

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 10, 2012, 09:42:01 PM
Finally got around to The Adjustment Bureau;  it's no Gattaca, but a fine pic on the triumph of the human spirit.

That movie was one of the worst film I've ever seen. The writing is dreadful, the god nonsense is just that.

That movie sucked, man. You're off the xmas list.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on February 12, 2012, 06:06:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 10, 2012, 09:42:01 PM
Finally got around to The Adjustment Bureau;  it's no Gattaca, but a fine pic on the triumph of the human spirit.

That movie was one of the worst film I've ever seen. The writing is dreadful, the god nonsense is just that.

That movie sucked, man. You're off the xmas list.

It shows that Love(tm) and the Human Spirit(tm) can conquer all.
Of course, you're French so those concepts are foreign to you.

CountDeMoney

Walking Dead musings:  part of me hopes Andrea just fucking gets bit.  Most annoying broad in the group.

FunkMonk

Tonight was the first night I've watched The Walking Dead since it's premier. Saw the last few episodes of the marathon and then tonight's new episode.

Quite liked it. Is the rest of the show like this?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.