Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on January 30, 2012, 05:08:06 PM
That's too bad.
I have a drinking game. One shot for "cock", double shot for "Jupiter's cock."

Haven't seen yesterday's yet. Is there female nudity at least?

There's some. One seen has a chick with a strapon doing a guy. They're also upping the man on man action this series it seems.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Upping the man on man? It's already the faggiest show on tv
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

Anyone watch Luck? Any good?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

Spartacus...
I've still yet to bring myself to watch the second series. It starts so awfully.

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 30, 2012, 09:53:40 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 30, 2012, 09:47:17 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 24, 2012, 02:52:55 AM
Ranma 1/2, live action TV movie- rather nifty, amusing adaption
What! This exists!?
He put it on Facebook weeks ago Tim. Maybe you should pay attention to your fellow Languideshians.
:ph34r:

But yes, Ranma live action exists, was only on Japanese TV last month and I only heard of it through a Japanese friend so knowledge of its existence doesn't seem to have spread to the internet mainstream.
It is actually pretty good though. Most anime- live TV adaptions are just awful but Ranma...obviously low budget and low scale but its fun and quirky. The panda just works.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Was bored and caught Looking for Eric on some random movie channel. Decent flick.

"I am not a man. I am Cantona."

*plays La Marseillaise on trumpet* 

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Quote from: Berkut on January 30, 2012, 08:54:49 PM

Very promising, I'm definitely going to follow this. A very strong cast, though I did find it took a little getting used to to see Paul from Spin City in a new role. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 30, 2012, 08:54:49 PM

Oh, yeah.  I think it'll be one of the more cerebral shows that'll be out there this season.

Neil

I enjoyed Luck a lot.  Every moment Hoffman was on the screen was riveting, and I was really impressed with the whole cast.  The Mexican's accent was a little overstrong though.  At any rate, the whole show was really good and they did a good job
not just making the show about the races.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

I've started watching Cowboys and Aliens. Only seen the first few minutes so far but....they leave me confused and disturbed. The way the dog betrays its people like that, just watches them be killed then decides to join with the guy who did it...that's just....wrong/
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on January 30, 2012, 09:20:49 PM
Spartacus...
I've still yet to bring myself to watch the second series. It starts so awfully.

It's only 6 episodes, IIRC, and it's worth it, imho.
It ends beautifully, in an orgy of blood.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

I watched the newer X Men today, the one set in the 60s. I had a great time with it, the setting and brand new story fit great and I look forward to the eventual sequels. Michael Fassbender and James MacAvoy rule the screen as Magneto and Xavier respectively. And that Jennifer Lawrence girl is downright yummy.

fhdz

Saw "The Artist" this weekend. Really good. Some very crafty cinematography there as well.
and the horse you rode in on

The Larch

Quote from: fahdiz on January 31, 2012, 06:48:36 PM
Saw "The Artist" this weekend. Really good. Some very crafty cinematography there as well.

Yup, really good film. I liked how they only really used sound for two scenes.

I guess it'll run wild in the Oscars this year.

The Larch

And in a much lower brow vein...

Trailer for The Expendables 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHkTPP5iGD8

fhdz

Quote from: The Larch on January 31, 2012, 06:52:31 PM
I guess it'll run wild in the Oscars this year.

I suppose, although IMO Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is a better film.
and the horse you rode in on