News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

New series of Misfits, yey!
I quite like the new guy. Though....yeah, a bit obvious of a funny guy replacement.
Though it seems everyone has pretty shitty powers this time around....well, except Simon- uncertain if he has the black kid's time thing (only better controlled) or if he has some sort of different Prince of Persiaesque power.
██████
██████
██████

BuddhaRhubarb

watched "Beginners" Sad Ewan MacGregor talks to his dad's dog, has an affair with a needy French chick, while recovering from the death of his late outta the closet gay dad (Christopher Plummer, also playing subdued sad gay dad.)

flashback heavy movie with telepathic Jack Russell Terrier and Mopey Obi Wan as cartoonist...

i liked it? sort of... kind of hard to get a handle on the point of this mishmash of relationship as grief therapy.

6.9 cute/creepy young gay lovers of your dad in your face all the damn time outta 10
:p

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2011, 12:34:43 PM

Sounds a bit like a spiritual successor to Misfits of Science (a show I loved as a kid).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Zoupa on October 30, 2011, 11:51:34 PM
Anybody else watching Homeland?

Claire Danes  :wub:

Been recording it since the beginning but haven't watched any yet. Guess I'll start tonight.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2011, 09:33:57 AM
Quote from: Barrister on October 28, 2011, 09:40:21 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2011, 08:20:33 AM
It's number two.

You are number six.
"I am not a number, I am a free man."

I was begionning to worry that Languish couldn't even pick up on a Prisoner reference.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on October 31, 2011, 04:37:14 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2011, 09:33:57 AM
Quote from: Barrister on October 28, 2011, 09:40:21 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2011, 08:20:33 AM
It's number two.

You are number six.
"I am not a number, I am a free man."

I was begionning to worry that Languish couldn't even pick up on a Prisoner reference.   :)

Bah! In university I played in a band called John Drake Escapes!
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Syt on October 31, 2011, 01:11:05 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2011, 12:34:43 PM

Sounds a bit like a spiritual successor to Misfits of Science (a show I loved as a kid).
Not really. There was another show on recently that was more of a successor.  It was painfully boring though. Don't even remember the name of it.
PDH!

HVC

Quote from: HVC on October 31, 2011, 08:52:24 AM
Quote from: Josephus on October 31, 2011, 07:24:30 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 30, 2011, 09:55:16 PM
Though it had its dragging moments, The Walking Dead was much better this week.  :)

Forgot to PVR it. Hopefully they run it again sometime this week.  :mad:
it's AMC. all they do is repeat their shows
Just saw it. You didn't miss much.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Watched two of my favorite X-Files episodes:

D.P.O.
Guest starring Givovanni Ribisi as borderline retarded teen loser in Bumfuck, Oklahoma and Jack Black as his beer drinking less retarded teen loser sidekick.

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
Great comedy and melancholy at the same time, thanks to the perfect Peter Boyle whose character is a great precursor for his Ed Anger Frank Barone character from Everybody Loves Raymond that started a year after this episode.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zoupa

That's the one where we learn Scully doesn't die. EVAH!

Josephus

And we learn that Mulder dies from self-asphyxiation.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Quote from: Josephus on November 01, 2011, 08:35:42 AM
And we learn that Mulder dies from self-asphyxiation.

Actually, no.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Darth Wagtaros

It was auto-erotic self asphyxiation.
PDH!

Syt

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 01, 2011, 09:13:54 AM
It was auto-erotic self asphyxiation.

Yeah, but that's how the guest character Clyde Bruckman (Peter Boyle) dies, though during the episode we are first made to think he's referring to Mulder (and given Mulder's love for smut it wouldn't be a surprise).
—Stephen Jay Gould