News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Eden Lake-
There are two ways of looking at this film.
1: Evil charvas torment an attractive couple in the forest, they get worse and worse until its some kind of nasty hunt through the woods full of blood and gore and death and stuff. This is the way it is meant to be seen I do believe.
2: A revenge film. Before the charvas get to the point of trying to kill the couple the guy murders their dog. It is only understandable and just that they would do these nasty things to the couple, should someone murder my dog I would do the same.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

A:  You can't murder a dog.

B:  You're a chav.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

"Everything Must Go" starring Will Ferrel.

Good flick.

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 20, 2011, 11:53:19 AM
I'm mostly pissed off that Carl is still a little kid instead of a stone cold Killer.

I don't think Malthus's influence is *that* bad.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Quote from: Neil on October 28, 2011, 10:50:23 PM
A:  You can't murder a dog.

B:  You're a chav.

A: Lawfully- no. Actually- yes.
B: Never been into that sub-culture no.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

You're a violent, coarse, binge-drinking youth, which is close enough.  And killing an animal isn't murder.

I saw Real Steel today, and it was a lot better than I thought it would be.  I actually enjoyed it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on October 29, 2011, 03:18:07 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 20, 2011, 11:53:19 AM
I'm mostly pissed off that Carl is still a little kid instead of a stone cold Killer.

I don't think Malthus's influence is *that* bad.

:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Habbaku

Though it had its dragging moments, The Walking Dead was much better this week.  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zoupa

Anybody else watching Homeland?

Claire Danes  :wub:

Josephus

Quote from: Habbaku on October 30, 2011, 09:55:16 PM
Though it had its dragging moments, The Walking Dead was much better this week.  :)

Forgot to PVR it. Hopefully they run it again sometime this week.  :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on October 31, 2011, 07:24:30 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 30, 2011, 09:55:16 PM

Forgot to PVR it. Hopefully they run it again sometime this week.  :mad:
it's AMC. all they do is repeat their shows
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on October 30, 2011, 11:51:34 PM
Anybody else watching Homeland?

Claire Danes  :wub:
it ain't available in Canada, IIRC?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".