News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 24, 2011, 12:29:53 AM
Latest episode of "The Walking Dead".  Not bad.

One thing I am beginning to wonder...

If the zombies are essentially just brain-dead "reboot"s of the human body, and apparently still require food to function, how do they keep functioning by milling about an empty place that's been cleaned out of live targets?  At least zombies roaming the woods for woodchucks made sense.  And I'd imagine the zombies would eat each other after too long.

Of course, here I am making the first mistake when watching a zombie apocolypse show...that being to try and make sense of the zombie apocolypse.  :P

Are these zombies meant to be  that? Again haven't read the comic.
Most zombies at least don't need food, that was just a 28 days quirk where they weren't really zombies.

Walking Dead....myeh, its OK but....its just lacking some spark.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Tyr on October 24, 2011, 10:10:53 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 24, 2011, 12:29:53 AM
Latest episode of "The Walking Dead".  Not bad.

One thing I am beginning to wonder...

If the zombies are essentially just brain-dead "reboot"s of the human body, and apparently still require food to function, how do they keep functioning by milling about an empty place that's been cleaned out of live targets?  At least zombies roaming the woods for woodchucks made sense.  And I'd imagine the zombies would eat each other after too long.

Of course, here I am making the first mistake when watching a zombie apocolypse show...that being to try and make sense of the zombie apocolypse.  :P

Most zombies at least don't need food, that was just a 28 days quirk where they weren't really zombies.

That was just in 28 Days Later and it's sequel, not other zombie stories (though technically, in 28 Days Later, they don't actually call them zombies, anyway.)  Though in a lot of zombie works, it's not necessarily clear that the zombies actually need to feed, per se--they may just have a compulsion to devour living flesh without actually drawing sustainance from it.  And if they do need to feed, it's not clear that they wouldn't starve after they've eaten or turned all the living around them--we just don't see that far into the story in most cases, or the story ends with the zombies being beaten.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on October 24, 2011, 10:10:53 AM
Walking Dead....myeh, its OK but....its just lacking some spark.

I don't think so. Very tense and gripping right now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 24, 2011, 02:33:14 AM
Once Upon A Time, the new show on ABC.  I am... willing to give it another week?  Certainly not top notch, and definitely seemingly aimed for children or females, it was still vaguely watchable.  That and Ginnifer Goodwin is rather attractive. :wub:

She looks a lot better with hair covering up those ears.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

I'm unsure how they are going to be able to do a 5th season of Sons of Anarchy, no one is going to be left alive.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

The most recent episode of Boardwalk Empire is a classic. Best episode of the series. Anyone watching it?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on October 26, 2011, 04:19:32 PM
The most recent episode of Boardwalk Empire is a classic. Best episode of the series. Anyone watching it?

I am. It was a pretty good one but any episode where the disenfranchised Proby isn't in is by default a good one.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Saw The Man From Earth last night on Netflix Instant Watch. A small, quirkly movie about a man who believes he's a 14,000 year old caveman. Written by the guy who wrote Mirror, Mirror from Star Trek TOS and the episode of the Twilight Zone with the kid who could imagine things into existence. Pretty good flick.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

QuoteThe most recent episode of Boardwalk Empire is a classic. Best episode of the series. Anyone watching it?
It was quite good, I do rather like Richard.

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 26, 2011, 05:01:30 PM
Saw The Man From Earth last night on Netflix Instant Watch. A small, quirkly movie about a man who believes he's a 14,000 year old caveman. Written by the guy who wrote Mirror, Mirror from Star Trek TOS and the episode of the Twilight Zone with the kid who could imagine things into existence. Pretty good flick.
It was alright despite what it was, could really have done with a budget though to actually show some stuff.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on October 26, 2011, 08:56:57 PM
It was alright despite what it was, could really have done with a budget though to actually show some stuff.

Wrong.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habsburg

So I have a film anticipation question for you all:

Are you super excited for David Fincher's remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo?

Some of the Oscar watchers seem to think it will be the greatest thing since cut bread, I'm dubious.  I figured Languish might be a good bell weather for this question.  :)

Josquius

The original was merely meh and American remakes of foreign films normally suck.

Apparently they did some filming in Uppsala though so I am curious.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Habsburg on October 26, 2011, 11:27:05 PM

Are you super excited for David Fincher's remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo?

Some of the Oscar watchers seem to think it will be the greatest thing since cut bread, I'm dubious.  I figured Languish might be a good bell weather for this question.  :)

The book was terrible so I'm not sure what the movie could advance with such material.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Habsburg on October 26, 2011, 11:27:05 PM

What did you think of the original?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

I thought the original was pretty good. I'll watch the American one too, probably be slicker and faster paced. Will it be better? Probably not.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011