News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

If you were a women you would have almost the same problems you do now but with the ability to use your boobs to get your way.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 17, 2011, 12:59:27 PM
If you were a women you would have almost the same problems you do now but with the ability to use your boobs to get your way.

Actually, I suspect the violent past would be solved simply by social conditioning away from violence and lowered testosterone levels.  And girls are prosecuted with less zeal than boys, anyway.

I might have gotten pregnant, though.  Hard to say.  I tend toward barebacking because I've trusted my partner to not have HIV, but more importantly because I trusted myself (and even then early on condom use was de rigeur for intercourse).  It was not merely impulse.  Plus, having the leverage to fuck when I pleased (at least to a greater degree), I could certainly demand it, and it certainly would be no skin off my teeth if it makes sex lame for a man.

Could've gotten raped, though.  That's actually a high possibility.  Sexual assault's distressingly common and I tend to put myself in high risk situations.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on October 17, 2011, 02:06:02 PM

Actually, I suspect the violent past would be solved simply by social conditioning away from violence and lowered testosterone levels.  And girls are prosecuted with less zeal than boys, anyway.

I might have gotten pregnant, though.  Hard to say.  I tend toward barebacking because I've trusted my partner to not have HIV, but more importantly because I trusted myself (and even then early on condom use was de rigeur for intercourse).  It was not merely impulse.  Plus, having the leverage to fuck when I pleased (at least to a greater degree), I could certainly demand it, and it certainly would be no skin off my teeth if it makes sex lame for a man.

Could've gotten raped, though.  That's actually a high possibility.  Sexual assault's distressingly common and I tend to put myself in high risk situations.

You are seriously over-thinking this question.

Unless you really do have some repressed gender-identity issues... :hmm:

[Incidentally, I had a young transvestite prostitute in court today.  I just couldn't bring myself to ask for jail because I'm quite certain he'd be torn up in there.  Hopefully he doesn't come back because he's not going to get that many more breaks...]
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2011, 02:15:05 PM

[Incidentally, I had a young transvestite prostitute in court today.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Ideologue

If there were a painless, reversible procedure I'd make the switch today.  But there isn't.  I've got a lot of default respect for transsexuals, because they really put their money where their mouth is.  What you've got to go through is bananas, especially male-to-female transsexuals.  That process is far beyond my curiosity or any dissatisfaction I have with being male.

Quote[Incidentally, I had a young transvestite prostitute in court today.  I just couldn't bring myself to ask for jail because I'm quite certain he'd be torn up in there.  Hopefully he doesn't come back because he's not going to get that many more breaks...]

Good on you.

That said, TVs don't do it for me.

Also, jails that don't protect the rights and personal safety of their inmates shouldn't exist.  Ever.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on October 17, 2011, 02:42:09 PM

If there were a painless, reversible procedure I'd make the switch today.  But there isn't.  I've got a lot of default respect for transsexuals, because they really put their money where their mouth is.  What you've got to go through is bananas, especially male-to-female transsexuals.  That process is far beyond my curiosity or any dissatisfaction I have with being male.

Quote[Incidentally, I had a young transvestite prostitute in court today.  I just couldn't bring myself to ask for jail because I'm quite certain he'd be torn up in there.  Hopefully he doesn't come back because he's not going to get that many more breaks...]

Good on you.

That said, TVs don't do it for me.

Also, jails that don't protect the rights and personal safety of their inmates shouldn't exist.  Ever.

So you support keeping all prisoners on 24 hour lockdown?  Because that's the only way to 100% protect the personal safety of inmates.

Ideologue

If all inmates can't have a reasonable expectation of safety (and maybe I'm misreading you, but I read it as "he would," with some certitude, not "could," or "would be more likely"), your prison system is broken, as ours is.  And that is something that should shame a nation, and not something--I know, not you, but a lot of people do--to make jokes about.  There is nothing in American culture more sickening than the idea that assault (and often rape) of prisoners is okay, let alone funny or just.

Of course, under my system, anyone who would prey on someone like that just because of their sexual orientation or stature or gender identification would likely have been already put to death anyway, for the several dozen crimes for which I recommend execution over our current doctrine of imprisonment.  And the prostitute would never face criminal penalties in the first place, so it's entirely moot.

You can read all about it my pamphlet, Give Me Rehabilitation or Give Me Death.

Oh, and also I can think of at least one method even under our current regime that would increase inmate safety.  It's pretty simple, and would create jobs.
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on October 17, 2011, 02:58:03 PM
If all inmates can't have a reasonable expectation of safety (and maybe I'm misreading you, but I read it as "he would," with some certitude, not "could," or "would be more likely"), your prison system is broken, as ours is.  And that is something that should shame a nation, and not something--I know, not you, but a lot of people do--to make jokes about.  There is nothing in American culture more sickening than the idea that assault (and often rape) of prisoners is okay, let alone funny or just.

Of course, under my system, anyone who would prey on someone like that just because of their sexual orientation or stature or gender identification would likely have been already put to death anyway, for the several dozen crimes for which I recommend execution over our current doctrine of imprisonment.  And the prostitute would never face criminal penalties in the first place, so it's entirely moot.

You can read all about it my pamphlet, Give Me Rehabilitation or Give Me Death.

Oh, and also I can think of at least one method even under our current regime that would increase inmate safety.  It's pretty simple, and would create jobs.

Okay.

Ideologue

Anti-death penalty type, eh? :P
Kinemalogue

The Larch

Isn't this supposed to be the thread for discussion about TV and movies?

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/10/salman_rushdie_game_of_thrones.html

Summary: Salman Rushdie is working in a TV series for Showtime, and in the process has been watching lots of cable series. He calls Game of Thrones "well produced trash" and The Wire "just a police series".

Apparently it's not enough to have crazy ayatollahs going after him, he now wants nerds to call a fatwa on him as well.  :lol:

Ideologue

It's Barrister Boy's fault.
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on October 17, 2011, 03:33:26 PM

You're the one wishing he had a pair of tits. <_<

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on October 17, 2011, 03:36:18 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 17, 2011, 03:33:26 PM

You're the one wishing he had a pair of tits. <_<

[edit]Misread it so the joke doesn't work.
Kinemalogue

Josephus

Walking dead:

I thought it was OK. Pretty gripping opening half hour to whet your appetite. My beef with the opening freeway scene was that the old guy with the binoculars on the winnebago should have been able to see the herd coming long before he did. I also imagine the herd to be a somewhat loud and noisy group. Seems like it sneaked up on them rather quickly.

Also...and this probably was explained last year; but I'm a bit of a zombie newb.
What's up with the dead people in the cars? How come they're not zombies? One imagines they were killed by zombies. So what makes some zombies and others not? Don't quite understand that bit.

Finally...not sure if my PVR cut out the last minutes or not. Did it end with the deer shooting?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011