News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tyr on October 13, 2011, 08:11:15 AM
I've been considering watching the X-Files. I've only ever caught the odd episode or two, never watched it all.
You must watch Jose Chung's it Came from Outer Space if you watch any at all.  And the Christmas episode.
PDH!

Josephus

The one with the two ghosts? Lily Tomlin? Yeah, that was good.

The X-Files was one of the best TV shows especially in the pre-Cable TV days. I liked the story arc until it got stupid in the last couple seasons, and there were some really good stand-alones, like the ones mentioned here. A couple funny ones like the cockroach one with Professor Bambi

There were also some duds; but all in all I do miss that series. The movie they came out with about four years ago was really disappointing too.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zoupa

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 13, 2011, 08:18:15 AM
I've been considering watching the X-Files. I've only ever caught the odd episode or two, never watched it all.
You must watch Jose Chung's it Came from Outer Space if you watch any at all.  And the Christmas episode.

DUDE! 27 zoupa points. Jose Chung's from outer space is my favourite too. Great monologue from Jesse Ventura.

Habbaku

Quote from: The Larch on October 13, 2011, 06:38:57 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 12, 2011, 09:56:10 PM
Watched every episode of Archer over the last few days.  Excellent show; can't wait for January.

Dude, I've done the same in the last couple of weeks.  :lol:

Btw, was the "The heart of Archness" arc the last of the 2nd season or the beginning of the 3rd season?

Beginning of the 3rd.  Just that trio until January, unfortunately, but the rest of the season is 13 episodes long.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on October 13, 2011, 08:52:19 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 13, 2011, 08:18:15 AM

DUDE! 27 zoupa points. Jose Chung's from outer space is my favourite too. Great monologue from Jesse Ventura.

Just watched this one again.

"I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons and Dragons and not learn anything about courage."
:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

And yet you brazenly declare: seeing is believing?

PRC

Grey Fox

Quote from: PRC on October 13, 2011, 11:16:17 AM
Terra Nova sucks.

It's dead anyway. It's not getting new ep after the 13 already made.

I've watched the first ep, about 10mins of the 2nd. Can't bring myself to complete it & watch the 3rd. I like dinosaurs & everything but I don't care about the family drama.

Any of guys catch Person of Interest?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Viking

Quote from: PRC on October 13, 2011, 11:16:17 AM
Terra Nova sucks.

+1

Seriously, you have dinosaurs and you make them incidental to the plot? With the downloaded stuff I fast forward through the boooooring bits. With the latest episode once I got to the memento bit I fast forwarded looking for dinosaurs, all the way to the end....

How do the settlers survive?
How do they interact with the surrounding area?
What are they doing to study dinosaurs? Why can't we have episodes about the wonders of the mid cretaceous?
Why do there have to be mystery runes and sixers? Aren't dinosaurs enough?

groan.... if I'm only gonna ff through the episodes I'm not gonna bother pirating the episodes...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 13, 2011, 11:26:15 AM
Any of guys catch Person of Interest?

I like it, I can suspend disbelief over the future prediction bit and the victims all being in one city bit. It's sort of a backwards whodunnit. Though, it's achilles heel is that every week you need to start caring about some new character who is doomed to die. Once you start rooting for the badguy then the show is dead.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

viper37

Quote from: Viking on October 13, 2011, 11:46:13 AM
Dinos would definately not be enough.  That would be seriously boring.  You got to have some drama, some interaction between characters.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

I officially quit Terranova about 15 mintues into the last episode. The cute scene with daughter talking to her dad about her first date was enough. Too bad, cause I had high hopes for the series.
The only other new network show I'm still watching is Person of Interest, and even that I might give one or two more eps. I just find there's something missing about it, something that ought to make me care a bit more. I just don't get the premise.
I watched the pilot to Revenge, and that, right now seems more interesting than either of those two, so I might give that a go.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

OK, I'll try Revenge.  I still have hopes for Terra Nova.  It could become interesting at some point.

I tried Camelot, I abandoned after the 4th episode.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

Quote from: viper37 on October 13, 2011, 03:03:27 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 13, 2011, 11:46:13 AM
Dinos would definately not be enough.  That would be seriously boring.  You got to have some drama, some interaction between characters.

If Dinos was good enough for Jurassic Park it's good enough for Terra Nova. The show has dinos lets have some dino centric episodes. So far we have had "Hello World", "The Birds" and "Memento" storylines (not sure about the last one, I skipped the plot after the first memory loss scene). So far the dinos have had less personality than the zombies from the walking dead.

Eddie Teach

Super. Pretty entertaining for an indy flick.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?