News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I bet at least one of the characters dies of AIDS.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 10, 2018, 03:41:25 PM
I bet at least one of the characters dies of AIDS.

[spoiler]One gets diagnosed in episode 1. So you're probably right.[/spoiler]

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: The Brain on June 10, 2018, 04:53:02 AM
Isle of Dogs. I generally like the Wes style so I enjoyed the movie, if you don't like the style though you're gonna OD. My only complaint is that it could have been quite a bit [spoiler]darker. The ending was sugary sweet.[/spoiler]
In your spoiler, I was totally expecting [spoiler]a comment on lesbian action.[/spoiler]  I am: disappointed. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 10, 2018, 11:37:38 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 10, 2018, 04:53:02 AM
Isle of Dogs. I generally like the Wes style so I enjoyed the movie, if you don't like the style though you're gonna OD. My only complaint is that it could have been quite a bit [spoiler]darker. The ending was sugary sweet.[/spoiler]
In your spoiler, I was totally expecting [spoiler]a comment on lesbian action.[/spoiler]  I am: disappointed. :(

Fuck. I'm sorry. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

The new Terminator movie has started shooting. I think the franchise is a dog that needs putting down, although at least this one has Cameron overseeing it.

Duque de Bragança

Cameron also approved Genisys, so I would not hold my breath for it.

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on June 11, 2018, 06:03:36 AM
The new Terminator movie has started shooting.

That's fucking hardcore.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 11, 2018, 06:11:13 AM
Cameron also approved Genisys, so I would not hold my breath for it.

Not holding it, certainly. I mean, they are casting Arnie again, and as much as I love him it's becoming painful to see him cling to that role at his age.

Eddie Teach

KRonn

I'm looking forward to the new Jurassic Park movie. I love those shows; been liking the trailers for it.  :)

HVC

They made a live action dumbo? Ugh.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

Can't be any worse than the animated one, can it?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Bagging on the Mouse, how edgy.  :P

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.