News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I've seen clips. Don't get the attraction.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

I know people who are huge R&M fans. I don't quite get it yet.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Assassin's Creed.

Well, that was bad.  Worst than I expected.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

They should stop making videogame films.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

But they want Viper's money.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Independence Day II: Same Old Shit.

That sucked.

viper37

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.

Guy Ritchie tries to make a movie about King Arthur the way Guy Ritchie does his movies.  Picture Lock, Stock and 2 smoking barrels with Excalibur and King Arthur, but no Merlin.  Add a dose of Lord of the Rings.  Shake well.  Enjoy the mess.

Another bad movie.

I should just get back to work.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on August 01, 2017, 08:46:51 AM
Assassin's Creed.

Well, that was bad.  Worst than I expected.

I'd go so far as to say dire, thought it was as bad as I guessed, gave up 1/2 way through.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Watched Valkyrie with the kids. Education is fun!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 03, 2017, 08:02:02 PM

I don't know why but we saw that as movie after Chrismas with extended  family when it came out. My aunt said she was surprised by the end...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2017, 11:03:11 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 03, 2017, 08:02:02 PM

I don't know why but we saw that as movie after Chrismas with extended  family when it came out. My aunt said she was surprised by the end...

Well they did kill Hitler in Inglorious Basterds, so why no this?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

citizen k

Saw Dunkirk at IMAX screening yesterday. A technical masterpiece. And no frivolous characterizations.

celedhring

Knowing the ending is what killed Valkyrie for me. They spend so much time building suspense and shit and you know all along that they are going to fail, so... who cares? And they never succeed in making me care enough about the characters to make up for that.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on August 04, 2017, 01:08:40 PM
Knowing the ending is what killed Valkyrie for me. They spend so much time building suspense and shit and you know all along that they are going to fail, so... who cares? And they never succeed in making me care enough about the characters to make up for that.

Agreed.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, that's what ruins it for me when it comes to a lot of historical documentaries.  I mean, all those hours of Ken Burns' The Civil War...for that ending?