News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 04, 2017, 01:26:25 PM
Yeah, that's what ruins it for me when it comes to a lot of historical documentaries.  I mean, all those hours of Ken Burns' The Civil War...for that ending?

:yeahright:

Good side won that one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2017, 01:34:14 PM
Yeah, that's what ruins it for me when it comes to a lot of historical documentaries.  I mean, all those hours of Ken Burns' The Civil War...for that ending?

Good side won that one.

A beautiful gracious way of life ... Gone with the wind. Such a tragedy!  :cry:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Liep

Watched Lake Placid because I was running out of movies I had seen for HDTGM and what a ridiculous movie. Tough to say which is worse though, this or Anaconda.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on August 04, 2017, 01:45:48 PM
Watched Lake Placid because I was running out of movies I had seen for HDTGM and what a ridiculous movie. Tough to say which is worse though, this or Anaconda.

Poor grizzly bear.  :(. That scene was upsetting.

Anaconda was much worse, though.

Ed Anger

Quote from: celedhring on August 04, 2017, 01:08:40 PM
Knowing the ending is what killed Valkyrie for me. They spend so much time building suspense and shit and you know all along that they are going to fail, so... who cares? And they never succeed in making me care enough about the characters to make up for that.

But it had Otto Remer.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I want a pool with a giant swastika.

Drakken

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 04, 2017, 08:31:30 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 04, 2017, 01:08:40 PM
Knowing the ending is what killed Valkyrie for me. They spend so much time building suspense and shit and you know all along that they are going to fail, so... who cares? And they never succeed in making me care enough about the characters to make up for that.

But it had Otto Remer.

Almost shitting in his pants [spoiler]when the Fuhrer is alive and requests if he can recognize his voice on the phone line[/spoiler]. This is such a good scene.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2017, 01:34:14 PM

Good side won that one.
are you sure?  because sometimes, it doesn't look like anyone won.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Been watching some Philomena Cunk. Shakespeare episode is hilarious.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

What is old, is coming back again...

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/06/roseanne-reboot-ignore-series-finale-dan-alive-abc/
QuoteRoseanne reboot: Dan will live
LYNETTE RICE@LYNETTERICE

POSTED ON AUGUST 6, 2017 AT 1:42PM EDT

Welcome back to life, Dan Conner!

Though he met his maker in the 1997 series finale, John Goodman's character will be present when the show returns on ABC this season. Production is expected to begin in October for the show's mid-season berth.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/karate-kid-sequel-series-youtube-red-ralph-macchio-william-zabka-1202515772/
Quote'Karate Kid' Sequel Series With Ralph Macchio, William Zabka Greenlit at YouTube Red

Joe Otterson
TV Reporter

AUGUST 4, 2017 | 07:30AM PT
A sequel series to the classic film "The Karate Kid" is set to launch on YouTube Red.

Currently titled "Cobra Kai," the series would reunite original film stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka. The 10-episode, half-hour series, coming to YouTube Red in 2018, picks up thirty years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament. A down-and-out Johnny Lawrence (Zabka) seeks redemption by reopening the infamous Cobra Kai karate dojo, reigniting his rivalry with a now successful Daniel LaRusso (Macchio), who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi.

I suppose rebooting Cobra Kai dojo is better than Sweep the Leg dojo...

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 07, 2017, 07:22:18 PM
Ed's world

https://youtu.be/FsxJfcFVnpo

:lol:

I've been trying to remember the names of those movies. And the one with Bobcat In the Godzilla suit smashing the model city.