TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 09, 2017, 11:05:23 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 09, 2017, 07:09:50 PM
Very little? She has 8 acting credits since 2011, when the Harry Potter saga finished, and meanwhile she has studied English Literature at Brown and became an UN goodwill ambassador. And she's only 26 yet.

Apparently, people have also forgotten that Emma Watson also has a very on-again, off-again relationship with acting.  Went to Brown and dialed it back, then quit Brown to concentrate on acting (-100 points for Gryffindor for that move, IMO :angry:), and as recently as last year, has suggested that she might at least go dormant for a while after Beauty and the Beast.

People were talking about her acting career though, not her other stuff. She hasn't been especially prolific, acting wise.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Beauty and the Beast will probably make more money than all non-Potter Daniel Redcliffe movies combined, though.

Grey Fox

Well, she has boobs.

Attractive boobs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

not especially noticeable.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zoupa

Quote from: Syt on January 10, 2017, 03:20:55 AM
Finished first season of The Expanse. Enjoyed it a lot. Seems the second season premieres on SyFy in February, and God knows when on Netflix. Guess I'll start reading the books instead.

Be warned: just reading the first book will spoil season 2 etc. Season 1 told about half the 1st book's story. FYI.

Zoupa

Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2017, 11:40:13 AM
Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2017, 11:39:13 AM
Sex is one meaning but there are other dangers in the world than sexual predators. I think it represents many of the dangers and traps one can fall into when one ventures out in the world.

But since she helps turn this monster into a kind man perhaps it is more explicitly sexual here than it is in other 'girls goes into the woods' stories.

Like G'locks.

Really? And you were complaining about Lacroix's "paras" for paragraphs yesterday. Tsk tsk tsk.

11B4V

Quote from: Zoupa on January 10, 2017, 04:36:52 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 10, 2017, 03:20:55 AM
Finished first season of The Expanse. Enjoyed it a lot. Seems the second season premieres on SyFy in February, and God knows when on Netflix. Guess I'll start reading the books instead.

Be warned: just reading the first book will spoil season 2 etc. Season 1 told about half the 1st book's story. FYI.

Once I started the TV series. I didn't read any of the books, but was tempted. thanks.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Savonarola

Thor:  The Dark World

So the first movie was "Against the Frost Giants"  and this one is "Descent to the lair of the Drow."  Did Joss Whedon find a box with all his old D&D modules?  Is the next movie going to be Thor visits the Temple of Elemental Evil; or are they going to continue on in series and make Thor versus the Queen of the Demonweb Pits?

While I'm not so much in favor of the whole Magic is Technobabble Science! premise; I thought this film was good, even better than the first.  What works well here is the time Thor and Loki share on screen.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zoupa on January 10, 2017, 04:39:22 PM
Sex is one meaning but there are other dangers in the world than sexual predators. I think it represents many of the dangers and traps one can fall into when one ventures out in the world.

But since she helps turn this monster into a kind man perhaps it is more explicitly sexual here than it is in other 'girls goes into the woods' stories.

Like G'locks.

Really? And you were complaining about Lacroix's "paras" for paragraphs yesterday. Tsk tsk tsk.

G'locks is her rap name.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on January 10, 2017, 04:39:22 PM

Like G'locks.

Not really the same. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on January 10, 2017, 06:23:20 PM
tut tut tut

Yes, mine was a fun affectation, I have no issue with typing or saying Goldilocks. Yours was some sad sort of internet-text speak, oh I'm too lazy to write the word you, why u saves me and endless amount of time to...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Finished Stranger Things. Great show.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk