News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Watched Search Party.  The two principles from Silicon Valley team up with the very drunk chick from Superbad and some nobody to have adventures in Mexico and elsewhere.  Many hijinks ensue.  Trying to be a Hangover ripoff.  It doesn't suck, but the only things good about it are the work love interest's red skirt and the hott junkie from Breaking Bad in her underwear.

The Brain

Season of the Witch is on TV. It's kind of like The Seventh Seal...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

This "Travellers" series is really rather good :)
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Crazy cat lady is spelling Nazi.  Stop the presses!

CountDeMoney

garbon

Yeah, there are no principles in Silicon Valley.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Rewatched most of Inception last night.  Not as mind blowing as I remember.  And tough as hell to make out what Ken Wasabe is saying.

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 01, 2017, 09:34:44 PM
The OA. Strange but I liked it.

I liked it but [spoiler]I kinda feel like I could have had the initial episodes move faster...and with significant more character development. Most of the 5's backstories just felt like they were added because you had to have something about those individuals. Also, I'm not sure I understand why Rachel was even a character.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I tried watching OA but couldn't get past the first episode. Maybe I'll try again later.

Syt

For the past few weeks, I've seen posters on tram stops for this movie:

I find it funny how you can guess a script off a poster.

Daughter has boyfriend, daddy hates him. This leads to hijinks and comedic situations based on their dislike for each other, their disparate personalities, and one or two character quirks that irritate the other. There will be an escalation towards an incident which leads to a climax where father and boyfriend come to like each other. The End.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Father is revealed to secretly run a drug cartel and has idiot boyfriend mowed down by Mexican hitmen. The End.

dps

Quote from: Syt on January 09, 2017, 12:33:36 PM
For the past few weeks, I've seen posters on tram stops for this movie:

The reviews have been bad for this one.  Plus, for the formula to work, we have to like the boyfriend, and from the trailers, he seems like a jerk that nobody would want their daughter involved with (except for the fact that he's supposed to be really wealthy, which just takes away on of the main clichés that this type of story uses to get us sympathetic to the boyfriend in the first place).

The Brain

Of course they had to cast a white guy as the boyfriend. Raciss. :angry:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: The Brain on January 09, 2017, 01:34:18 PM
Of course they had to cast a white guy as the boyfriend. Raciss. :angry:

Sidney Poitier is too old for the part.