News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'd take her to chuck e cheese for a romp in the ball pit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Billy Bob pulls one in for Goliath. :showoff:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

DontSayBanana

Quote from: The Larch on January 09, 2017, 07:09:50 PM
Very little? She has 8 acting credits since 2011, when the Harry Potter saga finished, and meanwhile she has studied English Literature at Brown and became an UN goodwill ambassador. And she's only 26 yet.

Apparently, people have also forgotten that Emma Watson also has a very on-again, off-again relationship with acting.  Went to Brown and dialed it back, then quit Brown to concentrate on acting (-100 points for Gryffindor for that move, IMO :angry:), and as recently as last year, has suggested that she might at least go dormant for a while after Beauty and the Beast.
Experience bij!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Finished first season of The Expanse. Enjoyed it a lot. Seems the second season premieres on SyFy in February, and God knows when on Netflix. Guess I'll start reading the books instead.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Phillip V on January 09, 2017, 10:30:14 PMOne of my favorite Disney movies about personal development and relationship building.

You make it sound as if it was a self-help book.

HVC

Quote from: The Larch on January 10, 2017, 10:23:03 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 09, 2017, 10:30:14 PMOne of my favorite Disney movies about personal development and relationship building.

You make it sound as if it was a self-help book.

Relationship goals: Stockholm syndrome.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Quote from: Phillip V on January 09, 2017, 10:30:14 PM
I wish they had cast a more womanly Belle.  Watson still looks childish.  Oh well.  One of my favorite Disney movies about personal development and relationship building.

The point of the Beauty and the Beast story is that it's about a girl reaching and discovering womanhood. Getting a childish looking actress is fine.

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on January 10, 2017, 10:30:12 AM
I wish they had cast a more womanly Belle.  Watson still looks childish.  Oh well.  One of my favorite Disney movies about personal development and relationship building.

The point of the Beauty and the Beast story is that it's about a girl reaching and discovering womanhood. Getting a childish looking actress is fine.

Indeed.
Isn't she meant to be 16 or so.
██████
██████
██████

Phillip V

Quote from: celedhring on January 10, 2017, 10:30:12 AM

Eh?  How did Belle change?  She was already an independent, intelligent, dutiful, loving woman from the start.
- reading books
- rejecting macho Gaston
- saving father multiple times
- nursing the Beast back to health

The "person" who changed was the Beast.  Instead of trying to force Belle to love him and break the spell, the Beast first internally changed into a better man that Belle came to naturally love.  He compassionately let Belle leave the castle when she saw her father in danger again, even though it meant that the Beast was letting his last chance of being a man again go out the door.

celedhring

Belle "falls in love" with an ugly beast hidden in the forest, rejected and feared by the community she belongs. It's the least subtle metaphor for losing one's virginity outside of wedlock I have ever seen.

Admiral Yi

Berkut

Sometimes it is just a cigar.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

LaCroix

unless evidence shows belle always had a kink for beastmen, she definitely changed to some extent